+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEO Technical Exams

hyfe

Sep 13, 2022
Hi bsoni123,

I am planning to write ELEC-B8 in next spring. How did your exam go? I already completed A1 and A6. I have been trying to get some insight about the difficulty levels of Group B subjects so that I can choose wisely. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any threads in this forum or anywhere else.
I am going to take 2022 fall A6 exam. do you have any solution for past exam paper? or could you share your experience of A6?

Reactions: Ed Doetzel

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I have past questions & solutions -topic wise for Mechanical Engineering (2013-2020 and 2022 )

MEC A7 and MEC B1 subject material
Each subject solutions are paid

,no need to refer textbooks ,just follow whats in the notes.

Ping me if someone interested

Last edited:

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
i wrote peo electrical b8 and a6 exam in 2018.

a6 exam in 2018 had same questions in may and december... but i found the paper didn’t cover most topics and also there were few mistakes in questions... did anyone else faced this issue?
I wrote and passed 13 technical examinations. The best predictor for exams is past exams. The questions often repeat with minor changes or no changes at all. That is why practicing with past examinations is a huge benefit for when you go in the room.

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
I'm in civil engineering and I took those exams last december. I really do not like them! their reference books cannot cover the topics in the exam. Sometimes even not reaching half of the topics.

I was lucky in the way that APEGA (Alberta) asked me to take 8 exams and I took and passed 4 of these last december. Then they give me a chance of taking FE exam instead of the rest 4. Of course I chose FE. Just finished and waiting for the results. FE is so easy!

My advice would be contacting the staff and ask if other options are available. The technical exams were driving me crazy last year.

Good luck
Agree on the FE. It is a very easy exam. I too got credit for a number of exams through APEGA by writing the FE. I walked out of there well over an hour early and feeling almost guilty like I stole something.

The FE exam has 80% pass rate for US college students that write & pass w/ little to no study in their last semester. Given that the subject matter is from the first couple years of university and pass/fail has no impact on their graduation - it's not a high bar.

Grab the Shepherd book "FE Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try" and make sure you know how to use every function on a CASIO FX-115ES Plus - you'll breeze through it. Working problems is the best way to prepare. The Shepherd book gets it right by focusing on the easy questions you need to pass, not the few difficult questions you don't need to know (i.e. the 80/20 rule).

Last edited:

ptkcanada

May 4, 2023
If you're interested, I can provide exam solutions for the subjects listed below for past exams (2018, 2019):

1) Metrology

2) Tooling, Jigs and Fixture Design

3) Engineering Economics

4) Production Management

5) Design and Manufacture of Machine Elements

6) Quality Planning, Control and Assurance.

Feel free to contact me.

Reactions: ayibiowukehinde

nash04

May 24, 2023
Hi, I have been assigned confirmatory exams from PEO and I intend to write them in Dec 2023. Does anyone know if confirmatory exams are open book exams? Or if some subjects are open book and some are closed?

Thanks in Advance!!

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
Hi, I have been assigned confirmatory exams from PEO and I intend to write them in Dec 2023. Does anyone know if confirmatory exams are open book exams? Or if some subjects are open book and some are closed?

Thanks in Advance!!
Depends on the exam. There is a bit of progression from non-programmable calculators and closed book for typical basic studies exams to programmable calculators and open book in Group B. But exam specific.

Fall list not up yet but you can see the spring "list of aids" here:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.egbc.ca/getmedia/c5463f8f-1ca0-452c-bada-7a033f4d997e/Exam-Format-and-List-of-Aids.pdf.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwiAjKSV0Pv_AhWiIzQIHb8dBjIQFnoECAwQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0GPOpuWopk3mR4hI-h8E7T

Here is an article for calculator options:

https://techexam.ca/2022/11/how-to-pick-your-calculator-technical-exams

Good luck!

Moha3412

Jun 21, 2020
Does anyone knows how long the PEO academic review takes? I have submitted the application November 2022 and I’m still waiting for a decision on my application.