PCC from Canada

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi

Although this topic might seem irrelevant and might have been discussed before but I really want to confirm. I have been here for the past 5 years and I have no criminal history. Although, there was a case where there was a collision between my car and someone elses and police came in to take a report but that is all. Would I still be asked for a PCC from Canada? If so, I live in a very small city compared to Vancouver or Toronto and all we have here is the RCMP headquarters. How tough would it be to obtain a PCC from them?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi

Although this topic might seem irrelevant and might have been discussed before but I really want to confirm. I have been here for the past 5 years and I have no criminal history. Although, there was a case where there was a collision between my car and someone elses and police came in to take a report but that is all. Would I still be asked for a PCC from Canada? If so, I live in a very small city compared to Vancouver or Toronto and all we have here is the RCMP headquarters. How tough would it be to obtain a PCC from them?
First - No PCC FROM CANADA is required up front with the application. That is because IRCC automatically does name based searches on ALL applicants. The only time you are asked to provide a finger-print based RCMP clearance is if your name matches with some one who has a criminal record. Then, fingerprints are needed to establish your identity.

An auto accident is (usually) not a criminal activity.

However, you do need PCCs from every other country you have lived in for at least 6 months, since the age of 18.

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
First - No PCC FROM CANADA is required up front with the application. That is because IRCC automatically does name based searches on ALL applicants. The only time you are asked to provide a finger-print based RCMP clearance is if your name matches with some one who has a criminal record. Then, fingerprints are needed to establish your identity.

An auto accident is (usually) not a criminal activity.

However, you do need PCCs from every other country you have lived in for at least 6 months, since the age of 18.

Jes I'm not sure that's true regarding that they only ask for RCMP clearance if your name matches with someone who has a criminal record.
Me and my friend got requested and our first names and surnames are pretty unique to be honest with 0 criminal history.

raviranjanec10

Feb 8, 2018
Jes I'm not sure that's true regarding that they only ask for RCMP clearance if your name matches with someone who has a criminal record.
Me and my friend got requested and our first names and surnames are pretty unique to be honest with 0 criminal history.
I am in the same boat too..I went for fingerprint with commissionaire and they told it will take max 2 weeks if no criminal history is found.
I read in some blog few people received in 1 week as well, For me 1 week has passed from the day i applied for fingerprint.
Any thoughts?

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
I believe it takes 3-4 business days to process. They told me 7 business days in total until I receive it . I received mine in exactly 7 business days .

I am in the same boat too..I went for fingerprint with commissionaire and they told it will take max 2 weeks if no criminal history is found.
I read in some blog few people received in 1 week as well, For me 1 week has passed from the day i applied for fingerprint.
Any thoughts?

Reactions: raviranjanec10