+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- June 2017

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Just called cic customer care and luckily talked to the "nicest" person there. He told me that my passport was received and currently is in the queue to get the stamping. There's no fixed time for this process however he said most probably in a week from now I should get my passport back.

Then I asked why my online profile doesn't show approved he says the timeline varies officer to officer and sometimes it is not in sync with the actual status after approval. However, he confirmed that everything looks good and congratulated me for becoming a permanent resident.

I'm so happy talking to him and so relieved. Thus, those who are waiting, be assured it's all good and you guys can call cic and ask.

Good luck to all of us. We all are going to land in Canada :)

P.S: I did asked for feedback survey link regarding the call I made as I am going to give him excellent rating for being so courteous and going extra miles for me.
Check your MyCIC ...it should show approved very soon...then in about 24 hours later you should get an email informing you to check your MyCIC.

Then wait another 2-3 days you should get your passport back. Check if the post tracker has been activated. I assume you are in Canada as well. It takes about a day to reach you. They also send it in a batch, think Wed or Thurs of the week for all the passport. That is the trend we have noticed.

Congrats

VITbman

Apr 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
28-11-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
09-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Coming soon
@VITbman ...My application is approved and anticipating my passport back to me soon. Should I carry my photos for landing?
One photo was already glued to CoPR. To make it easy just take the whole envelope that they sent back to you with work permit. That will be enough.

Gwalia

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Chicago
Category........
Check your MyCIC ...it should show approved very soon...then in about 24 hours later you should get an email informing you to check your MyCIC.

Then wait another 2-3 days you should get your passport back. Check if the post tracker has been activated. I assume you are in Canada as well. It takes about a day to reach you. They also send it in a batch, think Wed or Thurs of the week for all the passport. That is the trend we have noticed.

Congrats
Thank you may your words come true.

Yeah I'm doing as you suggested :)

I'm in the US and I've sent the return envolope with over night delivery option.

Fingers crossed

Reactions: adrlim

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Call them and specifically ask to confirm if they have received your passport.
Just called them again. She said there is no note that passport has been received. She ask me to call at the end of next week if still do not received the passport back.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, I have a quick question..I sent my PP's to Ottawa from US yesterday and though we are Indian Citizens, my daughter is a US citizen

I sent all original passports..do you think it could be a problem as I was required to send only PP photocopy for my daughter?

Instructions wasn't very clear about dependents PP and now when I am going through forum, looks like i made a mistake

I can send them a photocopy once they would ask in few days....

Thank you

negative

Nov 2, 2015
My visa expired too but I had my BOWP - if I understand it correctly as long as you have valid status in Canada (i.e. work permit, study permit, etc.) you're okay.
The problem is my visa will expire next friday. Therefore I won't have a status. I thought about applying to BOWP if I don't receive the passports by then. I will be in implied status and Passports will be back before BOWP is processed, so I can ask for a refund and withdraw by BOWP application.

kanike2013

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
DAY 15:

No updates yet

PPR: 01-JUN
PP Sent from Toronto: 06-JUN
PP Delivered at Ottawa: 07-JUN

Looks like I'm up for a record-breaking timeline o_O

Gwalia

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Chicago
Category........
Just called them again. She said there is no note that passport has been received. She ask me to call at the end of next week if still do not received the passport back.
How have you sent your passport? Do you see any delivery confirmation/ signature when you track?

I'm not sure how it works for inland applicants but for me (an Outland applicant) we do see who signed for when passport was delivered at Ottawa. However, for inland people passports goes to a po box so don't know how they do tracking

winnipeg141

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
How have you sent your passport? Do you see any delivery confirmation/ signature when you track?

I'm not sure how it works for inland applicants but for me (an Outland applicant) we do see who signed for when passport was delivered at Ottawa. However, for inland people passports goes to a po box so don't know how they do tracking

I'm inland and used canadapost. Tracking info showing delivered, however, not indicating anything that who received/signed the envelope.

canadafreek

Feb 21, 2017
Is there a contact number for Ottawa office that we can dial from US? Our passports were delivered on 16th June but there is no update yet on my CIC account.

passportwait

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Is there a contact number for Ottawa office that we can dial from US? Our passports were delivered on 16th June but there is no update yet on my CIC account.

Mine was delivered on 13th June and the approval came yesterday. probably wait for couple days more and then try to call them.

+16139444000

Reactions: Gwalia

Gwalia

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Chicago
Category........
I'm inland and used canadapost. Tracking info showing delivered, however, not indicating anything that who received/signed the envelope.
Hmm sorry to hear that. I think you could call them again tomorrow to see if they could give u a confirmation.

Also if possible check with canadapost and ask them to confirm the address they delivered.

I just hope and pray this wait game ends for you real soon