+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request / visa

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
Hi guys
I just received passport request from Buffalo. When I send my passport, how long will the visa be good for? What will be the expiration date?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gyucel23 said:
Hi guys
I just received passport request from Buffalo. When I send my passport, how long will the visa be good for? What will be the expiration date?
Thanks
For about the 200th time, 1 year from the date of the medial or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first.

PMM

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
Well, our medicals were done in Nov 2005. So the visa will expire in Nov 2006. But I cant go to Canada by Nov 2006. I am currently in US. How can I get an extended visa? It is almost September that I received the passport request and I have only 2-3 months to go to Canada.
Also once we go to Canada with the visa we need to come back right away. How long does it take to get the green card? Can they mail it to our US address? THanks very much PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gyucel23 said:
Well, our medicals were done in Nov 2005. So the visa will expire in Nov 2006. But I cant go to Canada by Nov 2006. I am currently in US. How can I get an extended visa? It is almost September that I received the passport request and I have only 2-3 months to go to Canada.
Also once we go to Canada with the visa we need to come back right away. How long does it take to get the green card? Can they mail it to our US address? THanks very much PMM
1. Use it or lose it, it won;t be extended.
2. You can "land" and return to the US as long as you meet the residency requirement of 2 years in 5.
3. If you have a Canadian address (friends) your PR card (Canada does not have a green card) will be sent in about 30 days, otherwise you have 6 months to give CIC an address or you will have to reapply for your PR Card.

PMM

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
Re: PMM - Passport request / visa

Thanks PMM.
Can I get medicals done again before I send my passport for visa?
This will extend the 1 year from the medicals. So I can go to Canada later.
In other words is it possible to send in a second medical? In some cases I know the decision is not made before the medicals expire so people get a second medical...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: PMM - Passport request / visa

Hi

gyucel23 said:
Thanks PMM.
Can I get medicals done again before I send my passport for visa?
This will extend the 1 year from the medicals. So I can go to Canada later.
In other words is it possible to send in a second medical? In some cases I know the decision is not made before the medicals expire so people get a second medical...
No

PMM

STAmisha

Apr 26, 2006
USA
gyucel23

Go and LAND in Canada immedialty and come back to USA.

You dont need to re-validate or reapply for your US visa if you have valid I-94 when you come back to USA. This is AUTOMATIC REVALIDATION to come back to USA from Canada if your visit is less than 30 days. Make sure that you dont surrender your I-94 while leaving USA

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
The problem is I cant leave US. I have a pending application but if i leave i cant come back. So i need to find a way to extend this visa until i can leave US without problems. I want to land in and move to Canada in 2007. It s too early for me to move in 2-3 months. It just doesnt make sense to me. What if they requested passports like 20 days before the medicals expire. Then you need to move in 20 days? Most people would need more time to move to a whole new country.
If I go to Buffalo and talk to people there would they help me out?

STAmisha

Apr 26, 2006
USA
What is the validity of your current I-94? If want to go to Canada and come back all you need is valid I-94

If your I-94 is not current, Wait for US visa to complete

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
My i-94 expired so it is not current. I will wait for the us visa to complete but it may not complete until my medicals expire (1 year).

STAmisha

Apr 26, 2006
USA
what US visa is yours? If yours is H1, then you can pay $1000 extra and get premium processed ( your case will be decided in 2 weeks ). Check for premium processing for your visa type

slm

Aug 11, 2006
STAmisha,

Are you sure that you need just valid I94 to enter back in US from Canada ?
What if they ask for a valid VISA ?

regards
slm

STAmisha

Apr 26, 2006
USA
It is called automatic revalidation program. I dont know the full details for which types of visa it covers. I know for sure it covers H1 and H4 as my friends just used that. Please check with an Immigration attorney

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
Does anyone know if there is a way to extend this passport request / landing visa expiration date? I cant leave US. They requested my passport by nov and my medicals will be 1 year in november. What happens if i dont send my passport by november? i have waited for 2 years, and now i cant go pick up my pr.