+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request in Manila Office(Parents Sponsorship)

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
hi there - i am new on this forum and would like to ask if anybody knows how long does it take for manila office to stamp the visa. i had sponsored my Dad and 2 brothers, and their passports were sent for visa stamping on july 9,2009. it's more than 6 wks now and we haven't received anything yet. even their ecas is still showing in process. does anybody have the same situation as me??? i hope for your feedback and thank you very much!

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
yes, you're not alone with this agony of waiting. They have my passport last March 2009 but until now I don't received any feedback from them.

Just keep follow-up them after 6 months of processing period.

We will just keep on praying!

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
hi vinz - thanks for your feeback! have you tried sending them an inquiry? your waiting period is a lot longer than mine.
did you apply as FSW? in my Dad's case, he's on family sponsorship and i know the process is much longer than any other PR cases. i sent them an email last week and hoping to get a reply soon(although they said, 28days)...the last time i sent an inquiry, they replied after 9 days so i'm hoping to have the same time line. if i don't get any answer this week, i'll definitely contact my MP to ask for an assistance.

keep me posted and i'll let you know once I hear any news from them....goodluck!!!

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
cat321 said:
hi vinz - thanks for your feeback! have you tried sending them an inquiry? your waiting period is a lot longer than mine.
did you apply as FSW? in my Dad's case, he's on family sponsorship and i know the process is much longer than any other PR cases. i sent them an email last week and hoping to get a reply soon(although they said, 28days)...the last time i sent an inquiry, they replied after 9 days so i'm hoping to have the same time line. if i don't get any answer this week, i'll definitely contact my MP to ask for an assistance.

keep me posted and i'll let you know once I hear any news from them....goodluck!!!
I am applying for Conjugal Partnership under Family Class. As of this time, we are still waiting for the approval. I already sent them a follow-up letter last July since it was it's 6 months already and also my partner he sent his follow-up letter too.

You said that you sent them an inquiry? what is it about? If you don't mind? I don't have yet feedback since July when I sent them my follow-up letter.

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
I had asked them when will the visa be released? I told them that i needed my Dad to come this September to give him time to adjust to the weather. Unfortunately, they haven't replied to my letter yet. However though, upon checking my ecas on Monday, when I hit the In process tab, there was an additional info added which is "Medical Results have been received". This gave me a positive sign that the file has been reviewed. I also had contacted my MP yesterday to ask for an assistance. I will be hearing from her anytime next week. Based on the information she shared with me, the passport is being sent to the applicant between 6 to 8 wks after submission. Has your ECAS changed as well?

I've heard that tomorrow, August 31st is a National Holiday in Manila(National Heroes Day). Would you know if the Canadian Embassy is open? I hope their office will remain open though.

I will definitely keep you posted.