+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Category Visa- Quebec Immigration

Rajgabbi

Dec 1, 2018
First of all Hi to all,

My parents got PR visa through Quebec Immigration under Parents category.
as my brother is living in Montreal Quebec and he applied for my parent's visa under parents category.

My question is My parents are planning to move to Canada" Do my parents have to enter in Quebec first time or they can enter any state of Canada"?.

Actually, My parents want to go to Vancouver, BC.

Please help me in this matter.

Thanks,
Raj.

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
First of all Hi to all,

My parents got PR visa through Quebec Immigration under Parents category.
as my brother is living in Montreal Quebec and he applied for my parent's visa under parents category.

My question is My parents are planning to move to Canada" Do my parents have to enter in Quebec first time or they can enter any state of Canada"?.

Actually, My parents want to go to Vancouver, BC.

Please help me in this matter.

Thanks,
Raj.
they can land anywhere in Canada.
the only point at the border why BC?
remember your brother has 10-years of responsibility about your parents in Quebec, other Provinces 20 years, just in case you don't know
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure if they can actually land anywhere. Quebec has their own requirements to sponsor parents that are much shorter than the rest of the country. The whole point of the program is to reunite the parent with the child that is sponsoring them. This isn’t a situation we encounter a lot. Most families sponsored by a child in Quebec move to Quebec. It seems like the child in Vancouver did not qualify to support their parents. Would also say that the 10 years of responsibility is only in Quebec. They will have to have 20 years of support out of Quebec.