+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1-Everyone in Canada (including visitors) is covered for Covid. So from the day they land, they will be covered.
2- Three months waiting period for OHIP has been waived off. The day you submit application at Service Ontario, OHIP coverage will start. When they land here, they will already have their passports and COPRs. They will need a third document as address proof. The easiest is mailed bank statement which takes approximately one month. So yes, you will need insurance coverage for approximately 45 days. Compare quotes with Destination Canada also.
Would suggest always mentioning that the 3 month waiting period can be reinstated at any time. Coverage for covid is likely to remain. Now that Health card offices are open around Ontario there is a chance that the 3 month wait time may be reinstated. People should check the day before they are leaving to make sure.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Of course it would be covered as any acute issue. but insurance company knows that as for now COVID related illness and any required tests are covered by OHIP
Covid has been excluded by most insurance companies Across the world. Even people during their travels have received a notice that their health insurance no longer covers covid coverage.

Sherbo

Sep 21, 2016
Hello all
I have a question
My parents got their visa and they were planning to come before the ban of travel
Now their visa is expired since last march
The immigration are informed of the situation and they are waiting from us a confirmation when they can travel
Now my parents they can come
Any one knows what will be the next steps once we inform the immigration that they can travel now ???!!
Thanks in advance

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Is anyone aware of how to deal with the 90 day deadline for documents? The only thing remaining is I need to get the Police certificate done for my parents in India but the Passport offices have been closed since March and being senior citizens they cannot step out during this pandemic. The 90 day deadline expires on July 9. Is anyone facing the same issue? How are you dealing with this? Should I write a letter to CIC indicating that it is not possible to obtain the Police certificate before July 9 and request for an extension?
This might help you understand. It is an email reply from NDVO to my web form enquiry:

“Please be advised that no application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as giving biometrics or completing an immigration medical exam, when travel reopens.

If your parents are able to travel to Canada on visitor visa and they get passport request while they are in Canada, they can submit the passports there. At present we are unable to provide any further update on permanent residence application.

Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.”

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
I am 14 june 2019 applicant.AOR was received on 23 October 2019.my application is IN PROCESS since 28 January 2020. No sponsorship approval or any other progress. I want to order GCMS NOTES. I want some clarification regarding file number column. On my AOR letter dated 23 October 2019 application number is F00079xxxx whereas in cic account application number is written as F00084xxxx.Are these two different number one for sponsor stage and other for stage two for principle applicant.which number should I fill while ordering GCMS notes? I live in Ontario

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
1-Everyone in Canada (including visitors) is covered for Covid. So from the day they land, they will be covered.
2- Three months waiting period for OHIP has been waived off. The day you submit application at Service Ontario, OHIP coverage will start. When they land here, they will already have their passports and COPRs. They will need a third document as address proof. The easiest is mailed bank statement which takes approximately one month. So yes, you will need insurance coverage for approximately 45 days. Compare quotes with Destination Canada also.
For address proof, I believe you can sign a lease with your parents. It's a govt form e.g. Ontario
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?OpenForm&ACT=RDR&TAB=PROFILE&SRCH&ENV=WWE&TIT=2229E&NO=047-2229E

shivibrar

Jun 9, 2015
my parents passport is stuck with VFS/CHD Embassy since march 17. Not sure what to do. My parents cant travel. they are stuck in india. :(
I am also in the same boat. my Mother's Passport is stuck with VFS global since March and their offices are still closed.
Do we need submit any request/webform to inform CIC about it?

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Impatiently waiting! Talked to an IRCC agent today and she confirmed that they work at reduced staff capacity. But applications are being processed even though as a much slower pace.
Thanks for sharing. I am sure everyone is very eager and impatient. I wish all of us are able to reunite with our parents soon. they are only getting older with each day :/

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
I also want to know if the validity of various documents like medical, PPC etc will be extended. For the last 3-4 months, no activity has occurred and I worry if they will make parents go through all those activities again. I hope not, if anyone gets to call the office, I would appreciate it if they can add this question as well. Thanks

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
I also want to know if the validity of various documents like medical, PPC etc will be extended. For the last 3-4 months, no activity has occurred and I worry if they will make parents go through all those activities again. I hope not, if anyone gets to call the office, I would appreciate it if they can add this question as well. Thanks
that's a very good question

tarkan

Apr 30, 2013
I hope they will extend it. Otherwise, it is going to cause additional costs. Any ideas how we can find the answer ?