+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Surprisingly they have stopped processing any application beyond May 1st onwards.
How do you know they stopped at 1 May? It could be due to large number of applications received on 29, 30 Apr and 1 May that caused the delay. You can see in the tracker list that someone sent on 26 Apr still has no status update yet

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
How do you know they stopped at 1 May? It could be due to large number of applications received on 29, 30 Apr and 1 May that caused the delay. You can see in the tracker list that someone sent on 26 Apr still has no status update yet
That is an exception, I am talking about general trend which is quite predictable. I think they are processing in batches and until first batch completes they are not picking the next batch.

Reactions: canuck78

huzcan

May 6, 2013
For my case, I haven't received any refund yet. IRCC did say it's currently exempted so I think it might be still required later.
If your parents were in Canada when you applied and if you paid their BM fees, it would be interesting to see if they request you for doing BM in the initial stages. Let us know if they request you to do BM

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Quick Question: Can I link the application my online account even though I am not the principal applicant and only a sponsor.?
Thanks in advance.

Anyone out there whose app received on May 22 and have got a reply from IRCC?

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All, I have applied under PGP19 and my parents are here on Supervisa. Their visa expires early next year, which means they have lived here for 10 months....how can I get an extention? and will the extention be given for 14 months which makes the total to 24 months?

sy3211

Jun 14, 2016
Hello

Please somebody help me what is the best way of extending my parents visitor visa which will expire soon.

I am in process of Parenting Sponsorship 2019, waiting for a file number.
My parents got in to Canada in Feb and they need to extend their visa.

I want to extend myself rather than hiring agent. I am not sure what is the best way for them to extend their visitor visa.

1. Do they just need to extend their visitor visa or do they need to apply for Super Visa in order to stay until they het PR?

2. If they apply just visitor visa, will it be only extended 6months?

3. What reason should I provided when They apply for the extension?

The current status will be expired Aug 1. So I need to decide quickly.

They havent extended their visitor visa and it is their first visit to Canada. I want then to stay with me until they get PR.

Due to some current circumstances of mine if it is safe enough and if it can be extended long, I want to go with just visitor visa extension so I dont need to buy insurance.

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
@YULIA-2016

Update of status

Line 136

Application received 13 of May
ECAS available - 6 July

E-CAS status of Sponsor and PA - Application received

MyAccount linked, Status: Application Submitted - in progress

Seems that we are officially on the May 13th batch now

ThySage

Jun 27, 2019
Hello

Please somebody help me what is the best way of extending my parents visitor visa which will expire soon.
Firstly you go online to do your extension.
Like i said, go for online application request.
I want to extend myself rather than hiring agent. I am not sure what is the best way for them to extend their visitor visa.

1. Do they just need to extend their visitor visa or do they need to apply for Super Visa in order to stay until they het PR?
Supervisa can only be done outside of Canada
2. If they apply just visitor visa, will it be only extended 6months? Depending on the officer, but you request for 6 months.

Among reasons given (where applicable to your situations):1. Looking after grandkids, old need further time with your family, or would like them to stay until PR obtained, etc..
Indeed. You must. Note to include all relevant infoirmation like financial support, number of family members in household, include your PGP2019 invitation letter, bank statement, your inviatation letter to your parents, etc to support this extension request.
They havent extended their visitor visa and it is their first visit to Canada. I want then to stay with me until they get PR.

Due to some current circumstances of mine if it is safe enough and if it can be extended long, I want to go with just visitor visa extension so I dont need to buy insurance.
The decision is yours to make.
I sharing this info from first hand experience. Good Luck!

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hello

2. If they apply just visitor visa, will it be only extended 6months?

You should apply immediately without further delay... It should be applied when the time is left more than 30 days... so be quick...

You can apply online and you don't need anybody's help...

Application fee is just $100...

There are common and simple columns to be filled up... you can apply for one year extension... it is upto IRCC for how many months they extend the visa...

No reason is required for extension...

Again, take quick action...

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
You should apply immediately without further delay... It should be applied when the time is left more than 30 days... so be quick...

You can apply online and you don't need anybody's help...

Application fee is just $100...

There are common and simple columns to be filled up... you can apply for one year extension... it is upto IRCC for how many months they extend the visa...

No reason is required for extension...

Again, take quick action...
Yes you will require to submit information on financial support also, but I don't think it will be a problem for you, since your parents are here and you have already provided such information..