+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ihg

May 9, 2019
For linking paper application, what number do we use if the spouse is not a co-signer. For e.g I am sponsoring my mother and have two kids.
Should I use 2 (me as sponsor and my mother). 3 (including my spouse who did not cosign) or 5 (including my two kids as well). Anyone who linked can shed some light ?

Reactions: snganu

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
any idea if we could request to do a medical exam early? (maybe calling the call centre agent and explain the situation?
we have to take days off and fly back to take the parents to another city to do biometric... and there are panel physicians in that city as well...
unfortunately neither of these services are available in our city... it would really help if we can do it all at one...

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
any idea if we could request to do a medical exam early? (maybe calling the call centre agent and explain the situation?
we have to take days off and fly back to take the parents to another city to do biometric... and there are panel physicians in that city as well...
unfortunately neither of these services are available in our city... it would really help if we can do it all at one...
No

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
What city are you getting biometrics done? Are your parents back home or in Canada?

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
So exactly what time does ecas gets updated, I have seen people here who said at 10 AM nothing was available, and at 10:05 it became available, same with some cases in the evening hours. Does anyone know if ecas has a defined time when updates become available, like a centralized server ?

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
What city are you getting biometrics done? Are your parents back home or in Canada?
They live alone in China and are turing 80..
So we can't have them travel to another city by themselves...

st.alix

Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

Based on last year, CIC requested travel history. Do we list down travels outside of home country or do we need to include travels within home country?

We are just preparing incase this is requested.

Thanks!

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
If they are over the age of 79 they are not required to do biometrics.
the line is 14
If they are over the age of 79 they are not required to do biometrics.
I don't think they will require biometrics. Just medical will be needed.
Thank you for the reply. Their birthdays are in the witner so still require biometric...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/identity-management/biometrics/what.html#toc4

Persons approaching 80 years old
For biometrics purposes, the age of the applicant is based on the date the application is received by IRCC.

There may be cases of applicants who are 79 years old when the application is submitted but turn 80 years old before biometrics collection. These clients are required to provide their biometrics. IRCC offices, Service Canada locations and U.S. application support centers can collect biometrics from all applicants who present a valid BIL, regardless of their age. However, at a VAC the Canadian Immigration Biometric Identification System (CIBIDS) will not allow the biometric information to be collected once the applicant turns 80.

In such cases, VACs must do the following:

• advise the applicant that the IRCC office will contact them to arrange an appointment to submit their biometrics
  • advise the responsible IRCC office of this situation, following the protocols set up by the VAC

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I created an account with GCKey however after logging in I dont see the option for "what would you like to do today, or link my paper application".

It just shows me a continue button which takes me to the IRCC home page.

I also still dont get any info from the online tool, still shows unable to identify :/ as per canada post my package received on May 17th.

any suggestion guys?

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I created an account with GCKey however after logging in I dont see the option for "what would you like to do today, or link my paper application".

I also still dont get any info from the online tool, still shows unable to identify :/ as per canada post my package received on May 17th.

any suggestion guys?
Happens to me sometimes, clear all your browser cache and log back in. Ensure you are not pressing Continue to the "logout" message.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

any suggestion guys?
for me i keep retry 5-6 time and and one point its work without clear browser cache. (to retry no need to reenter username and pwd. )