+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by pedros, Aug 16, 2018.

1. guys, i have question, I am single, sponsor only dad, my dad's married status is divorced, my dad his ex-spouse had a dependent child and this child is ex-spouse's full custody. I know I have to include this child's name under dependent child section in my dad's application. But as this child will not accompany and sole legal custody of ex-spouse.
    So at the stage of family unit number, how many should i fill in? including this child? or just me and my dad (count as 2)?

2. That tweet is from social media team that acknowledged they do not know the process yet. It is clearly updated now that 2015, 2016 and 2017 is required

3. Where do you see that update? That page hasn't been updated since last year.

4. I have one question: My income is less for one of the year and in that year I was having business income which I took as shareholder loan. Is there any problem if I take that money as income for that year by paying plenty and taxes and get new notice of assessment after getting invitation to apply.?

5. Hi everyone if I wish to sponsor my mon and one of my siblings is 21 and has a child is it possible to include my neice in the application?

6. Question guys - do we have to show min income from 2015 to 2017 or from 2016 to 2018 ?
    My income in 2015 was less than min income mentioned on CIC website, but from 2016 it was more than min income.

7. That is a VERY good move on the part of IRCC!

satpat likes this.
  8. Hello Evryone.

I have the same issue for income. If the new application will ask for income of 2016. 2017, 2018 ,my income is as follow :

2016 35715 CAD
    2017 56300 CAD
    2018 623199 CAD

I am singel and alone and in Canada. I called two laweyers, one from Rightway serivce told me i wont be eligible because 2016 is less like 3700 than LICO. The other lawer from another firm told me it should be OK because I am making now over 60 K and I am single.

Any advice from anyone who had a similar issue?

Thank you

9. Hello
    I want to sponsor my parents (count:2) and my wife's Parents (count: 2)
    In my family , its me and my wife: Count 2

We have to do 2 separate applications: 1 for my parents and 1 for my wife's.

so question is: what would be my family size for each application : 4 or 6

Thanks in advance.

10. With regards to your point 2, your spouse name will be added automatically to your Indian passport as soon you mention your spouse name in passport renewal application, there is no option of whether you want it or not. I recently renew my passport and my spouse name was added there, with her surname same as my surname.

11. Please let me know if u find out , I m in same situation

12. is it 2015 2016 2017

or

2016 2017 2018 ??

anyone please guide

13. it is settled - https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada/status/1083820846064521217

"Hi. We can confirm: You only need to show that you meet the income requirement for 2016, 2017 and 2018. We haven't updated the application guide because the 2019 application is not available yet. Hope this helps."

YamPower, YVR123 and seiatwork like this.
  14. Hello
    Looking for advice regarding how to calculate the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI) for Family Sponsorship for Parent and grandparents visa.

I have a family of 3 here and planning to sponsor my parents( Mom and Dad), should i look for MNI value under family unit of size 3 or size 5.

Is my gross family income considered or net family income considered, can you tell me which column from the NOA considered.

Thanks
    Siddarth