+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by pedros, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Hi.. it's good to be back. It's been 4 years!

I just thought I'd get this thread going as I'm considering registering for interest for the sponsorship of my parents in 2019. I couldn't find an existing thread, but if there is already one could you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

2. I think you are the first one! :) Good luck!

pedros likes this.
  3. Me too - I am currently in the process of sponsoring my husband. Does one have to wait a while to sponsor their parent next or can it be done immediately?

4. It’s now a lottery based system for parent sponsorship. You have to register interest then if you are selected you will be invited to apply. The process to register interest is currently closed. If it’s the same as this year, it will not be until Jan 2019 that the process reopens and you an apply.

5. Is there any information out there yet about what the process for 2019 will look like and when they will open for applications?

From what I’ve read it seems the lottery application process this year was quite flawed so I was interested as to whether any changes had been announced.

6. Expect the process to look the same as it did this year and for the interest form to be open from around Jan 1st to Feb 1.

You're a year behind in your reading. 2017 was the first year for the lottery and it was pretty bad. The interest form was basic and people didn't bother to see if they even qualified as sponsors before submitting it.This year was a lot better, as they added a lot more questions to the interest form to try weed out those idiots.

PzSingh, xyyigan1977 and pedros like this.
  7. It says "Interested applicants will still have to fill out an interest to sponsor form online in the new year, but "instead of randomly selecting the sponsors to apply, we will invite them to submit an application to sponsor their parents and grandparents based on the order in which we receive their interest to sponsor forms," reads a press release."
    Does that mean those serious applicants should get a high speed internet and fill out the interest to sponsor form online the first day when it open?

CAN.east likes this.
  8. Also, a question about which years of NOA should be provided for 2019 application? 2015, 2016 and 2017? Is there any paper work we can do in advance to better prepare ourselves for the 2019 application?

9. Make sure that all your taxes are filed properly (some people on this forum suddenly remembered that they forgot to declare some incomes they had during previous years and tax reasessment takes time), locate your birth certificate and marriage/divorce/death certificates for your parents.

10. #11 Bs65, Aug 21, 2018 at 2:41 AM
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Although nobody knows what will be required don't see any harm in assuming that the basic documentation requirements in place now (both for sponsor and sponsored) would not be the same or similar when getting into the actual detail with an application after the initial invite to apply. Obviously will be confirmed closer to the time but still effort well spent in the meantime to pull together all documents based on current process and adjust later.

With a first in system given the interest obviously the challenge will be to get an expression of interest into the system so hopefully at least IRCC publish some guidelines before the day on what the interest form will look like and what basic information will be required to get past the first step.

Some people will of course go to the extreme of setting up a couple of computers/people to increase their chances but each to their own. Often an approach people use when they want those concert tickets they always wanted, doesn't always work though

11. It certainly sounds like that. Government websites don’t have a particularly good reputation for handling large amounts of traffic all at once, but it seems that’s exactly what’s going to happen o_O

CAN.east likes this.
  12. 20,000 interest to sponsor spots will be done in minutes maybe seconds? lol
    10,000 paper applications quota in Jan 2016? was done in 1 or 2 days.

13. In how much time do you think all the spots will be filled?

14. #15 emamabd, Aug 27, 2018 at 9:27 AM
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Hi all,

New to this thread and topic, interested in filling a sponsorship for a parent in 2019 :)

Is it true that (if one gets selected to apply) - the process itself could take a couple of years to complete?

Also what do i need to prepare in advance apart from locating birth certificates/marriage certificates..etc for parents as mentioned above? I have all my Tax NOA, since 2013 to date.