+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
I have a question about linking paper application with on-line account. I am able to log in using my (sponsor's) uci or application number and I see two applications: for sponsor and for sponsored person (both marked as received) in the on-line tool. When I log in using Uci for the sponsored person, I see only application fo PR (marked as received). Do I understand correctly that this tool is not sufficient and it is also necessary to link paper application for PR with the on-line account of the main applicant? (He already has one which was created when he applied for a visa). Is it only for the sponsored person, i.e. I do not need to link the application with my account ( I created one, but it looks like it can't be used for the applications to become a sponsor).

Last edited:

mrmr80

Star Member
Feb 25, 2018
I have a question about linking paper application with on-line account. I am able to log in using my (sponsor's) uci or application number and I see two applications: for sponsor and for sponsored person (both marked as received) in the on-line tool. When I log in using Uci for the sponsored person, I see only application fo PR (marked as received). Do I understand correctly that this tool is not sufficient and it is also necessary to link paper application for PR with the on-line account of the main applicant? (He already has one which was created when he applied for a visa). Is it only for the sponsored person, i.e. I do not need to link the application with my account ( I created one, but it looks like it can't be used for the applications to become a sponsor).
If you link your application online you have to fill in all spaces using UCI or application number,....but the last question is the most tricky : how many people in this application? You have to count all adults including yourself, your partner if he cosignes and your parents.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you. I was able to link application for PR (i.e. sponsored person' aplication) to my (sponor') online account. Do I need to do anything else?​

Last edited:

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
VO? I don't know. My application was sent to Mississauga
That's fine. Mississauga office will review your application to determine if you are eligible to sponsor your family. Once they have done that, they will send your application to a "visa office".

Reactions: Bingoye

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
no yet no news from New Delhi
No movement for 2017 Batch
Hi, I have just joined this forum and have a few basic queries.

I have just being granted PR and will land in Canada in August 2018. My husband will join me at a later date which has yet not been decided.
My queries are:
1. Seeing the income requirements, am I correct in assuming that I need to be in Canada for at least 3 years at the level required before we can sponsor my in-laws?
2. Can I sponsor my in-laws? or does it have to be my husband?
3. Until such time that my in-laws are able to join us on a permanent basis, what are my options to have them come and stay with us?

If there are any reference posts I can read through kindly let me know.
Thanks!
Shivani

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hey, no I didn't send any email to VO. I just sent the PCs along with the cover email to them.
I sent email to VO in New Delhi but no response. This is crazy that some VO process so quickly and others are so lazy. There has to be a standard so systematic imbalance is avoided.

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Hi, I have just joined this forum and have a few basic queries.

I have just being granted PR and will land in Canada in August 2018. My husband will join me at a later date which has yet not been decided.
My queries are:
1. Seeing the income requirements, am I correct in assuming that I need to be in Canada for at least 3 years at the level required before we can sponsor my in-laws?
2. Can I sponsor my in-laws? or does it have to be my husband?
3. Until such time that my in-laws are able to join us on a permanent basis, what are my options to have them come and stay with us?

If there are any reference posts I can read through kindly let me know.
Thanks!
Shivani
Hello Shivani
Welcome to Canada.Here goes the answer to your question.
1.You need to be at least 4 years to be approved as sponsor for your parebts ir in laws.Parental sponsorship is now on lottery basis so you need to be selected once you meer the income.
2.For parental sponsorship it has to be your husband to sponsor your in laws.But you can be co signer to apply for them.
3.You guys can apply either super visa for them or visit visa.But it is better to go with supervisa for permanent basis.they can stay at a stretch for 2 years.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
Hello, I checked my PGP status online yesterday and it states DM but I have not received any communication / update from CIC. Did anyone else faced similar situation? What to expect next?

Apr 6, 2016
That's normal. It randomly changes at times. Nothing major unless you get an email or letter.
You're right. Moments ago I received a sponsorship approval letter from my consultant But its dated April 20th. So now the file is transferred to Delhi which I think gonna take forever to process them.