+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Can anyone help me with a couple of following questions, please?

1. In "Additional Family Information" form, it's written on the top that "complete all names in English and in your native language". Where to write names in native language? Do you think I should fill the form in English, then print out the form, then using a pen I write all the names in native language in the same Name boxes on the form? Or is there a different trick to do it?

2. On the same "Additional Family Information" form, they are also asking for Email addresses of all the family members. Is this a mandatory thing we have to write? I'm filling out for my mother and what if my mother doesn't have email addresses of all of her brothers and sisters.

Please advise.

nutella

Aug 8, 2014
Hello, can you update my status: Medical exam and police certificate requested on March 28. I'm so happy for my mother. She is coming to Canada on Super Visa in 2 months to visit me and she will stay here for 3 months.

Do you guys know what happens if they sent a passport request while she is in Canada (her application was sent to Immigration office in Singapour). Thanks!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

peter12345

Mar 14, 2018
Can anyone help me with a couple of following questions, please?

1. In "Additional Family Information" form, it's written on the top that "complete all names in English and in your native language". Where to write names in native language? Do you think I should fill the form in English, then print out the form, then using a pen I write all the names in native language in the same Name boxes on the form? Or is there a different trick to do it?

2. On the same "Additional Family Information" form, they are also asking for Email addresses of all the family members. Is this a mandatory thing we have to write? I'm filling out for my mother and what if my mother doesn't have email addresses of all of her brothers and sisters.

Please advise.
For (1), you can write the native language part next to the english name. I printed out our forms and wrote it with pen.
For (2), I didn't write out the email addresses as some of my family members don't use email. Not a biggie I think.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello, can you update my status: Medical exam and police certificate requested on March 28. I'm so happy for my mother. She is coming to Canada on Super Visa in 2 months to visit me and she will stay here for 3 months.

Do you guys know what happens if they sent a passport request while she is in Canada (her application was sent to Immigration office in Singapour). Thanks!
if you get PPR while she is here you can send passport to Ottawa after letting them know ;)
they give 2 options: local office or Ottawa

Reactions: nutella

Sorolig

Dec 1, 2016
Alberta
Hi,

first round, application received july 2017, aor nov 2017, in process since january 2018, decision made since 20th march. No email yet from CIC. Is it something normal.

Anyone else with same status as me or from first round still waiting for SA.

thank you in advance for replying.
Second round, but the situation is the same, since around 23th of march status is Decision made, but no emails yet((

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi All,
It's been 3.5 months since I received AOR. Is this common?
Also, could someone please add my details below to common spreadsheet:

1st round PGP

Username:
vineninja

Application delivered: 04 Aug 2017
AOR Received: 06 Dec 2017
Sponsor's Approval:
Local Visa Office: (New Delhi)
Medical Request:
Medical passed:
Background Check In Progress:
Decision Made:

Thanks.
This can be normal.

Why are you assuming your local Visa office will be New Delhi? Some cases go to Ottawa.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
thanks for the reply.
Will that include me and my wife’s income together or just her income and if you could share what are the latest LICO requirements (+30percent)?
Sorry Robbie, you can't apply. The guide says the eligible sponsor has to physically live in Canada for 3 years to earn Canadian income, only if you work for Canadian company overseas, that is the exceptional, so is the co-signer. Now it's your parents, so you are not eligible. Check the guide again.

Last edited:

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hello every one,
Can any one just give me direction for below case.
I apply for sponsering parent lottary for 2018.
I got email for submit application.
So we are 3 person me my wife and 6yr daughter
Below is my income
I am here since 2010 as student than workpermit and landed as pr feb 2015
My and my wife combine income for 2015 is 29k
2016 is 50k
2017 is 59k
Can i qualified?
As i see my 2015 income is low but now we have in 2018 more than 90k
So can i submit application? With explanation and current income proof?
Thanks
Sam
Sam, that's very unfortunate. You have to apply next year.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Sam, that's very unfortunate. You have to apply next year.
It's not unfortunate at all for @samir3132 . It's unfortunate for other eligible people he stole the lottery spot from. Not to mention, he blatantly lied on the lottery form that he read the income requirements and satisfies them. Selfish people like these need to be penalized and banned from entering all future draws. People had a month to figure this out and then enter the draw. Income requirements were clearly listed on the lottery form. Not sure why some people think they are special and can be exceptions to the rule.

jagdev_1234

Jan 30, 2018
hi congrats u r very lucky
my parents file status showing application recevied on 23rd may 2017 in (new delhi) i am also from first round
didnt hear anything back sisnce then
status still showing application received

Hi All,
It's been 3.5 months since I received AOR. Is this common?
Also, could someone please add my details below to common spreadsheet:

1st round PGP

Username:
vineninja

Application delivered: 04 Aug 2017
AOR Received: 06 Dec 2017
Sponsor's Approval:
Local Visa Office: (New Delhi)
Medical Request:
Medical passed:
Background Check In Progress:
Decision Made:

Thanks.

Julie123

Jan 16, 2018
Status update online shows “decision made” but no other detail. Is this standard? Will the decision be available online at a later date or will I only recieve a notification on the mail? Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Sorolig, I am in the same boat. I got 'Decision Made' on 16th March 2018, but no PPR yet. Did you get "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" letter in your MY CIC account ?
she has DM for SA, you have DM for PPR ;)

Reactions: Sorolig