+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent sponshorship to include 27yr old brother ( to Leon, pmm or anyone)

kelseyA

Aug 21, 2009
I am about to sponsor my parents, i have my brother who is 27yrs old who have been in continuous studies before 22yrs and now is completing his masters program. He entered post secondary edcucation at age 23 because he went to both French and English schools and have been a full time student ever since. Can he be included in my parents application as a dependent? i also heard he must be a full time student by the time the process is complete which will take nothing less than 3.5years. I am confused what he should be doing in the next 3 years to keep him eligible, if he will even be. He did international law in my country. Should he change and enter into another professional school? if he is not admitted into any school this year and continue next school year, will this disqualify him? Please your suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He has to have been a student for the whole time since before age 22 until he lands as a PR. If he takes a break next year, he's no longer a dependent child. With all his education though, it's a question if he should work for a couple of years and then apply himself under the skilled worker program. Since parental sponsorship takes a long time, he may even get PR before they do.