nader gamal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Ratings: +0

P.Eng requirments
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Hi

I am planning to start my PEng process and read some topics talking about how PEO is so complicated and its not easy to get the PEng from them and APEGA is easier.

Do anybody has recent experience with any of them, what do you think, how was the interview and the process in general.

By the way I am a civil engineer and living in Ontario. I have also some questions about the interview project that should be presented. Please if there is any civil engineer went through the process just let me know.

Thanks.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
I was given a confirmatory exam program of 4 exams and PEO offered to interview me to see if the exams could be waived. I am mainly an instrumentation engineer and the interviewers at PEO started asking me questions that were not related to my field; In short: They weren't impressed with me and the confirmatory exam program was not waived.

But I think it would be better if you at least begin applying at PEO. The application fees can be waived under the Financial Credit Program if you've landed recently and it will give you a better idea as to where you stand. You can then decide what to do based on the feedback from PEO.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
I don't know where it could be easier but you should apply to the Professional Engineering Association of the province where you're living or working

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Hello all,

I have a four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering from South Asia. After that, I have done a two-year diploma in Automation/Instrumentation from Canada. I also have 2 years of Canadian work experience in Instrumentation/Controls/Automation field in which I am interested to continue working. I don't want to become EIT in MECHANICAL discipline. I reside in the beautiful province of British Columbia, so I am seeking to become EIT with either APEGBC or APEGA in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation. So my questions as follow,

(1) Which is better? APEGA or APEGBC? and How?
(2) Can I become an EIT in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics, even though my 4-year degree is in just Mechanical discipline which does not exactly match with the discipline I am seeking to pursue my career in?

Please, any advise.
Thanks,

I am fine with any of these disciplines(Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics) to become an EIT.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
HeroHarman said:
Hello all,

I have a four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering from South Asia. After that, I have done a two-year diploma in Automation/Instrumentation from Canada. I also have 2 years of Canadian work experience in Instrumentation/Controls/Automation field in which I am interested to continue working. I don't want to become EIT in MECHANICAL discipline. I reside in the beautiful province of British Columbia, so I am seeking to become EIT with either APEGBC or APEGA in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation. So my questions as follow,

(1) Which is better? APEGA or APEGBC? and How?
(2) Can I become an EIT in the discipline of Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics, even though my 4-year degree is in just Mechanical discipline which does not exactly match with the discipline I am seeking to pursue my career in?

Please, any advise.
Thanks,

I am fine with any of these disciplines(Instrumentation/Controls/Automation/Robotics/Mechatronics) to become an EIT.
1.- No one is better, perhaps could be easier in some provinces, I don't know

You should apply for the APE of your province, so BC is your first option

read the APEGA and APEGBC application process in their websites.

2.- with APEGA is possible have a degree in mechanical taking a examination in different area but could be tricky, perhaps your experience in this area is not enough for PENG, but should be fine for EIT

you should research which disciplines options are in APEGA/APEGBC, check the websites and contact the association

HeroHarman

Jan 26, 2016
Gregor.Samsa said:
1.- No one is better, perhaps could be easier in some provinces, I don't know

You should apply for the APE of your province, so BC is your first option

read the APEGA and APEGBC application process in their websites.

2.- with APEGA is possible have a degree in mechanical taking a examination in different area but could be tricky, perhaps your experience in this area is not enough for PENG, but should be fine for EIT

you should research which disciplines options are in APEGA/APEGBC, check the websites and contact the association
Thanks for your response.

I have just applied with APEGBC to become EIT in the discipline of 'Mechatronics and Robotics'. But the interesting thing is my four year degree is in 'Mechanical'. Will let you know what happens. Fingers crossed.

:)

Reactions: duykhang066

duykhang066

Jun 8, 2017
Thanks for your response.

I have just applied with APEGBC to become EIT in the discipline of 'Mechatronics and Robotics'. But the interesting thing is my four year degree is in 'Mechanical'. Will let you know what happens. Fingers crossed.

:)
Hey,

How does it take you to get EIT certification?

Thank

Khang

fahadazh

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
I was given a confirmatory exam program of 4 exams and PEO offered to interview me to see if the exams could be waived. I am mainly an instrumentation engineer and the interviewers at PEO started asking me questions that were not related to my field; In short: They weren't impressed with me and the confirmatory exam program was not waived.

But I think it would be better if you at least begin applying at PEO. The application fees can be waived under the Financial Credit Program if you've landed recently and it will give you a better idea as to where you stand. You can then decide what to do based on the feedback from PEO.

Hi there, I understand this post is pretty old, but still if you read this message can you please provide me your contact I need some info on interview? Thanks
Fahadazh@gmail.com

harshjoshi27

Mar 13, 2022
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-09-2020
AOR Received.
16-11-2020
Med's Request
11-03-2022
Med's Done....
02-04-2022
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2022
LANDED..........
04-10-2022
Ratings: +0

P.Eng requirments
« on: October 04, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Hi

I am planning to start my PEng process and read some topics talking about how PEO is so complicated and its not easy to get the PEng from them and APEGA is easier.

Do anybody has recent experience with any of them, what do you think, how was the interview and the process in general.

By the way I am a civil engineer and living in Ontario. I have also some questions about the interview project that should be presented. Please if there is any civil engineer went through the process just let me know.

Thanks.
Would like to share your experience?

harshjoshi27

Mar 13, 2022
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-09-2020
AOR Received.
16-11-2020
Med's Request
11-03-2022
Med's Done....
02-04-2022
Passport Req..
17-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2022
LANDED..........
04-10-2022

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I have prepared from past questions & solutions -topic wise for Mechanical Engineering (2013-2020 and 2022 )

Subjects I chose MEC A7 and MEC B1

Just followed the notes I prepared for each subject
Ping me for details