+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

outside app for us spouse-freedom to travel from us to cda after the application

sgracan

Feb 13, 2007
Thanks PMM for your reply, but my question was based on after my husband and I apply for PR for him in Canada. I know it's fine now as we fly back and forth often. Does the application change his freedom to go back and forth every weekend? I know if you apply from 'inside' people warn not to leave Canada unless it's an emergency because you might not be let back in. Is he just taking his chances like any regular citizen or are the rules different because he has a Cdn PR application in progress?

Thanks!
Suzanne

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: outside app for us spouse-freedom to travel from us to cda after the applica

Hi

sgracan said:
Thanks PMM for your reply, but my question was based on after my husband and I apply for PR for him in Canada. I know it's fine now as we fly back and forth often. Does the application change his freedom to go back and forth every weekend? I know if you apply from 'inside' people warn not to leave Canada unless it's an emergency because you might not be let back in. Is he just taking his chances like any regular citizen or are the rules different because he has a Cdn PR application in progress?

Thanks!
Suzanne
He is taking a chance that he will be re-admitted as visitor, as his intention is to remain permanently in Canada. So you may get an Immigration officer who decides that s/he will enforce that Act as written.

PMM