+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Other relative

Geminilord

Sep 22, 2021
So since your parents and grandparents are deceased and you have no family in Canada (single, no children, no family like aunts, uncles, cousins), then you can sponsor them. Look at requirements in IRCC site.
Hi @Naturgrl, @scylla, i also have an Adult brother who is single & has no kids. How will this affect sponsoring my adult sister(spouse & her kid)?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @Naturgrl, @scylla, i also have an Adult brother who is single & has no kids. How will this affect sponsoring my adult sister(spouse & her kid)?
As long as he's not in Canada and not a Canadian PR or citizen, there's no impact.

Emmaugoh

May 8, 2022
6th h
Are you being sponsored or are you sponsoring? If being sponsored, who is the person in Canada that has no family members, and your blood relation to them? Has that person been approved as a sponsor.
I am being sponsored and the sponsor has been approved since 2021. It appears the last time, my file was updated was 2022. Series of Gcm notes has been sent and none has been replied. I find it hard to understand what might be the problem .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
6th h

I am being sponsored and the sponsor has been approved since 2021. It appears the last time, my file was updated was 2022. Series of Gcm notes has been sent and none has been replied. I find it hard to understand what might be the problem .
Unfortunately this program has very long processing times. I don't think it's possible for any of us to guess the status of your application.

Has your sponsor ordered GCMS notes or you? If your sponsor hasn't tried yet, then I would suggest that they order the notes.

If you feel the processing time has gone beyond what is reasonable, you can also look into hiring an immigration lawyer in Canada to do a writ of mandamus and try to force IRCC to finalize their decision.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Unfortunately this program has very long processing times. I don't think it's possible for any of us to guess the status of your application.

Has your sponsor ordered GCMS notes or you? If your sponsor hasn't tried yet, then I would suggest that they order the notes.

If you feel the processing time has gone beyond what is reasonable, you can also look into hiring an immigration lawyer in Canada to do a writ of mandamus and try to force IRCC to finalize their decision.
Sponsor might also request info through MP's office. (Might not get any different info but inquiring about the delays with gcms might help, too)

Emmaugoh

May 8, 2022

Has done the ordering but no reply for morethan 5 times. I think hiring a lawyer is the next phase.

Reactions: scylla