+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options to bring daughter when Father does not want to sign the daughter's waiver

Sep 7, 2020
Hi everyone! Hope you could help me. this is my case.
I already applied for PR under the new pilot program for caregivers. I included my husband and my daughter as accompanying dependents. We already have AOR since December 2019. However, things have become so cloudy between me and my husband lately. He has been threatening me that he and our daughter are not coming anymore to Canada. Just thinking ahead, what if he will not cooperate with our papers especially on medical requests? If that's the case, I might change his application to non-accompanying but he will still sign the non-accompanying declaration form right? has anyone struggled like my situation? Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone! Hope you could help me. this is my case.
I already applied for PR under the new pilot program for caregivers. I included my husband and my daughter as accompanying dependents. We already have AOR since December 2019. However, things have become so cloudy between me and my husband lately. He has been threatening me that he and our daughter are not coming anymore to Canada. Just thinking ahead, what if he will not cooperate with our papers especially on medical requests? If that's the case, I might change his application to non-accompanying but he will still sign the non-accompanying declaration form right? has anyone struggled like my situation? Thank you!!
If your husband is non-accompanying, he will still need to complete the medical and also provide PCCs. Regardless of whether he is accompanying or non-accompanying, it's still mandatory that he complete the medical in order for your application to be approved. You will also need his written consent to bring your daughter to Canada. You would need to divorce him and obtain sole custody of your daughter in order to avoid all of this. Good luck.

Sep 7, 2020
If your husband is non-accompanying, he will still need to complete the medical and also provide PCCs. Regardless of whether he is accompanying or non-accompanying, it's still mandatory that he complete the medical in order for your application to be approved. You will also need his written consent to bring your daughter to Canada. You would need to divorce him and obtain sole custody of your daughter in order to avoid all of this. Good luck.
If I divorce him, how would I obtain sole custody for the child? Because he is very uncooperative.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I divorce him, how would I obtain sole custody for the child? Because he is very uncooperative.
You would need to obtain sole custody through the court system in your home country.

MelayOcampo17

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hi, I am having the same problem. I will apply my PR next year and my husband is not also cooperating with the process. What is the requirements and process of divorce? Are we qualified to process it here in Canada? If so. Thanks for info.

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
Hi, I am having the same problem. I will apply my PR next year and my husband is not also cooperating with the process. What is the requirements and process of divorce? Are we qualified to process it here in Canada? If so. Thanks for info.
See this link for the divorce process in Ontario, assuming this is the province you are in. It differs from province to province.
https://settlement.org/ontario/daily-life/life-events/divorce/how-can-i-get-a-divorce-in-ontario/
However, if there is a child involved, you have to refer back to the laws of the country you are from. You would need to obtain sole custody of the child.

The best way is to have an amicable settlement and explain the benefits of the family being in Canada. Going through lawyers and court is a long, tedious and expensive process.