+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunities for IELTS L9,R9,S7,W6.5

bwijetunga

Apr 8, 2018
Hi guys,

I got IELTS L9,R9,S7,W6.5 in the recent exam. What are the opportunities for me to apply to Canada in skilled migration category. I have a Masters degree in Engineering also.

I'm really disappointed for not making that additional 0.5 in writing. Re correction is not an option as they have double checked my paper.

Pavel345

May 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I got IELTS L9,R9,S7,W6.5 in the recent exam. What are the opportunities for me to apply to Canada in skilled migration category. I have a Masters degree in Engineering also.

I'm really disappointed for not making that additional 0.5 in writing. Re correction is not an option as they have double checked my paper.
Why are you sure that they have checked it twice? If i were you I would go for reevaluation and take the exam one more time. You have good level, just retake it.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
do they purposefully give .5 less on one band atleast so the students can take test again? This is seriously a big scam.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys,

You have a decent score imho, you should use the free assessment tool on www.canadavisa.com and calculate your score. If it is over 440 and above I think the chances are bright, you should create a EE profile then.
Just by looking at you IELTS score or your degree(have you got your WES/ECA done for this degree?) one cannot say if you will be able to make the cut or not

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
do they purposefully give .5 less on one band atleast so the students can take test again? This is seriously a big scam.
Don’t agree with your statement that it is a scam.
But I would say that in the day and age of computers they still expect you to do writing by using pencil and paper that is not fair. They should use tools which people are used to working with currently i.e. computers etc

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
But I would say that in the day and age of computers they still expect you to do writing by using pencil and paper that is not fair. They should use tools which people are used to working with currently i.e. computers etc
I'm terribly scared of writing test. I feel I won't get the required 7 band

Pavel345

May 4, 2018
For the first attempt I got 6.5 next attempt I got 6 in writing :eek:
It is common situation, last year on 26th October I got 7.5 in speaking and recently after 6 months of preparation I got speaking 6.

Topic matters. Sometimes it can be unfamiliar and you won't be able to express your thoughts just because of the topic.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
It is common situation, last year on 26th October I got 7.5 in speaking and recently after 6 months of preparation I got speaking 6.

Topic matters. Sometimes it can be unfamiliar and you won't be able to express your thoughts just because of the topic.
During my first and second IELTS the person conducting the speaking test was the same individual. When I met her in the second test, I was like hey you, have we met before :D. Thxfully both time my speaking score was 8.

bwijetunga

Apr 8, 2018
Why are you sure that they have checked it twice? If i were you I would go for reevaluation and take the exam one more time. You have good level, just retake it.
Thanks...
They have hold my results after 13 days. That's why I thought they have doubled checked my paper.
Anyway I have registered again for another exam.

bwijetunga

Apr 8, 2018
You have a decent score imho, you should use the free assessment tool on www.canadavisa.com and calculate your score. If it is over 440 and above I think the chances are bright, you should create a EE profile then.
Just by looking at you IELTS score or your degree(have you got your WES/ECA done for this degree?) one cannot say if you will be able to make the cut or not
With this results I have only 398. But if I had that 0.5 my score would be 457. that's why I really worry about this..

bwijetunga

Apr 8, 2018
Totally agree with you

bwijetunga

Apr 8, 2018

Totally agree with you