Upfront (8th October 2016)
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Hi All,
I want to know if there are any JOB opportunities abroad (especially India) for Canadian citizens ?
I understand there are TECH companies but I want to know if there are any jobs related to Canadian Government but can be worked from India location (such as foreign services, immigration etc)
I know this is very weird question but there are some inevitable situation and I am looking for something like this.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, positive/constructive feedback ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know Korea and China there are always teaching positions for Canadians. You can also look at your papers if any posting for visa officers in the consulate.

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
I want to know if there are any JOB opportunities abroad (especially India) for Canadian citizens ?
I understand there are TECH companies but I want to know if there are any jobs related to Canadian Government but can be worked from India location (such as foreign services, immigration etc)
I know this is very weird question but there are some inevitable situation and I am looking for something like this.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions, positive/constructive feedback ?
You have to write the foreign service test to see if you get selected. There are many people who apply so it is very competitive to get in. Entry level postings in foreign service will certainly not be in India. You have to go multiple postings to less desirable countries before you get enough seniority for more desirable country positions. You also have to return to Canada if you are working as a Canadian in the foreign service. the less desirable positions are for 2 years and then you return to Canada for 1-2 years. You won’t be able to request being posted to India.