+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Trillium Benefit

Koreenmb

Oct 13, 2019
Hi everyone! I updated my information at CRA because i received a letter that they cannot compute my GST HST returns for the year 2018 before I came to Canada. I called them in August to update it. However, I received just last month ONTARIO TRILLIUM BENEFIT. i was really surprised! Will that affect me sponsoring my family going here to Canada? Our PR application is already on process. I didn't know about that OTB i was just surprised. I am just worried. Will this considered social assistance? I am a work permit holder by the way under home child care provider pilot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone! I updated my information at CRA because i received a letter that they cannot compute my GST HST returns for the year 2018 before I came to Canada. I called them in August to update it. However, I received just last month ONTARIO TRILLIUM BENEFIT. i was really surprised! Will that affect me sponsoring my family going here to Canada? Our PR application is already on process. I didn't know about that OTB i was just surprised. I am just worried. Will this considered social assistance? I am a work permit holder by the way under home child care provider pilot
When did you arrive and start working? Trillium works for people who spend a large portion of their monthly income on medications based on your income amount and whether you lack insurance coverage. If you hit a certain amount you then get coverage for some medications. Believe it is over 4% of your income on medication. No it will no affect sponsoring family because you are still responsible for paying a decent amount. You have no tax returns so did you need to provide proof of what you are currently earning?

Koreenmb

Oct 13, 2019
When did you arrive and start working? Trillium works for people who spend a large portion of their monthly income on medications based on your income amount and whether you lack insurance coverage. If you hit a certain amount you then get coverage for some medications. Believe it is over 4% of your income on medication. No it will no affect sponsoring family because you are still responsible for paying a decent amount. You have no tax returns so did you need to provide proof of what you are currently earning?
I started working in Dec 2018. I did not purchase any medications. They just asked our family’s income in 2017 and 2018 before ai came to Canada. I even told them that my husband and daughter is still in the Philippines and I am the only one here in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I started working in Dec 2018. I did not purchase any medications. They just asked our family’s income in 2017 and 2018 before ai came to Canada. I even told them that my husband and daughter is still in the Philippines and I am the only one here in Canada.
Why did you apply for Trillium when you are not spending a large portion of your income on medication? Next year your deductible will go up in further because of your increased income. You have to spend quite a lot before you qualify for $2 medication plus some medications aren’t covered.

Koreenmb

Oct 13, 2019
Why did you apply for Trillium when you are not spending a large portion of your income on medication? Next year your deductible will go up in further because of your increased income. You have to spend quite a lot before you qualify for $2 medication plus some medications aren’t covered.
I did not apply for OTB. IT WAS JUST IMMEDIATELY SENT TO ME when CRA asked me to updatemy information.