+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Perm Resident trying to move to Quebec.

Wexton

Jul 27, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have been approved for Perm Residence in Ontario. However a unique issue has arisen that may cause my family to move to Quebec. If I already have my Perm Residence card from Ontario, would I need to do anything else for living in Quebec?

Some details:
I do not speak French, yet. I know very, very little French. (Probably 5 basic words.)
My son does not speak French and would have to go to an English school in Quebec.

Thank you for any advice you may provide.

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Hello, I have been approved for Perm Residence in Ontario. However a unique issue has arisen that may cause my family to move to Quebec. If I already have my Perm Residence card from Ontario, would I need to do anything else for living in Quebec?

Some details:
I do not speak French, yet. I know very, very little French. (Probably 5 basic words.)
My son does not speak French and would have to go to an English school in Quebec.

Thank you for any advice you may provide.
Hi Wexton,
how did this work out for you?

Were you able to get your healthcare in Quebec without any issues?

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi Wexton,
how did this work out for you?

Were you able to get your healthcare in Quebec without any issues?
Once you've landed, unless you've been admitted through a stream that requires you to live in a certain area (i.e. some of the northern communities programs), you can relocate anywhere you wish. However, only a person who had a parent educated in English IN QUEBEC can have their children attend English language schools.

Reactions: bossmon