No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
gel_canada said:
Hope you are enjoying the new place, Ive been there when i was still working from CruiseLine..Ive noticed from your timeline you skip for the medical request? Its been 27th day since my application sent online, still no update. Any idea how long maximum it will take before i receive my request for medical?

Hi gel_canada, Everything is turning out so well, so far... I am excited for what lies ahead. Yes, I ded skipped medical, and I have no idea how I got my visa without medical. I was expecting to undergo medical since I will be working in homecare... But we can't predict what the visa officer is thinking. Regarding your request for medical- that I can't say when.... It varies with so many factors.. like in Manila, Philippines some of my co-workers were requested medical in 2 weeks time, some of them were approved some of them denied with visa, which means it is not a guarantee for a visa if you are requested with Medical. In Saudi Arabia, some of the applicants i saw in the forum got request for medical as early as 3 weeks, with some taking as along as 2- 3 months. Again it will probably vary per applicant.

chailchain

Dec 6, 2014
Hi everyone! Just want to ask regarding the reference letter. My previous employer did not indicate her contact and address, just the duration of my employment and duties. Will they accept this?

gel_canada

Aug 12, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
21-01-2015 (PHIL, KSA, FBI PCC, and new sets of Employment Records)
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
10-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2015
LANDED..........
28-05-2015
chailchain said:
Hi everyone! Just want to ask regarding the reference letter. My previous employer did not indicate her contact and address, just the duration of my employment and duties. Will they accept this?
if your company or your boss has business card, you may attached to that reference letter. Might help i guess :)

roujhance

May 18, 2014
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
riyadh-online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-14
Doc's Request.
22-07-14
Med's Request
22-07-14
Med's Done....
05-08-14
Passport Req..
14/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2014
LANDED..........
01/11/2014
Sorry for long inactive. I'm here now in quebec canada just arrived last nov. 1

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
chailchain said:
Business card or contact information is a good help for the visa officer to contact your employer if in case they need more information about your employment. I also suggest you attach a letter of explanation indicating the documents you failed to comply, the reason why you were not able to comply with the requirement (it should be a valid reason, make sure you have exhausted all efforts), and tell them that they can contact the employer if they have any questions about the document.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
roujhance said:
Sorry for long inactive. I'm here now in quebec canada just arrived last nov. 1
congrats roujhance... I hope to see you someday.

chailchain

Dec 6, 2014
Thanks gel_Canada and lrcg22 for the info. So is it possible that they will contact my current employer? I am a dh here in Macau and my employer doesn't know the real reason why I asked her for a reference letter. They said that my employer might terminate my contract here in Macau if I tell them that I am applying for Canada. I haven't submitted yet my application online because I'm still waiting for the reference letter of my current employer and I'm having a problem with the size of the files to be uploaded. Any suggestions on how can i reduce the size to no more than 4MB.

chailchain

Dec 6, 2014
LRCG22 said:
I would like to share with you the document checklist I got from my Online Application, and the corresponding instructions on how to fulfill each document.The list may differ accordingly per applicant, but I want to share this for everybody's learning. The details how to fulfill the documents came from MYCIC itself. I hope everyone learns from this post. 8)

DOCUMENT CHECKLIST PART 1

Document1: Family Information (IMM5645)

Complete the Family Information form. This form includes information about your spouse or common-law partner, your parents, your children, stepchildren and adopted children, your brothers and sisters (including step-siblings and half-siblings).
This information will become part of your immigration record and may be used to verify your personal information in future applications.

Document 2: Offer of Employment

You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company.
The letter should include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

Document 3: CV/Resume

A curriculum vitae or resume is a brief description of
your education
your qualifications and experience
your main duties for each job
It should also include your current title and occupation and your current city and country.

Document 4: Request for Medical Exam

Indicate if you would like CIC to send you instructions and forms for a medical examination by filling out a Request for medical exam form (FORM IMM5753E)
Just want to ask if I can submit a letter of explanation or just submit the employment contract if I did not receive any written offer of employment?

gel_canada

Aug 12, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
21-01-2015 (PHIL, KSA, FBI PCC, and new sets of Employment Records)
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Passport Req..
10-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2015
LANDED..........
28-05-2015
chailchain said:
Just want to ask if I can submit a letter of explanation or just submit the employment contract if I did not receive any written offer of employment?
with your inquiry, yes they might conduct a background check if your currently employed or not. If you cannot request a reference letter from your current employer, better include your contract..Im really not sure..lets wait for other suggestion of the senior members.

Or maybe you can ask your employer that you need reference letter for other purpose, for bank etc..

To reduce the size of your file, you can compress it online..try these link below:

http://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf
http://createpdf.neevia.com/pdfcompress/
http://online2pdf.com/pdf-reduce-size

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
chailchain said:
I am not sure if a job offer can be replaced by an employment contract, although it does have the same information on both documents. probably you just have to make sure that the employment contract contains the start date, end date, salary, position title, and better indicate that in the letter of explanation you are submitting the contract instead of job letter.... or to be safe better ask for a job offer letter from your employer.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
chailchain said:
Thanks gel_Canada and lrcg22 for the info. So is it possible that they will contact my current employer? I am a dh here in Macau and my employer doesn't know the real reason why I asked her for a reference letter. They said that my employer might terminate my contract here in Macau if I tell them that I am applying for Canada. I haven't submitted yet my application online because I'm still waiting for the reference letter of my current employer and I'm having a problem with the size of the files to be uploaded. Any suggestions on how can i reduce the size to no more than 4MB.
It is very possible that they will contact your employer but not all the time. The agency needs to verify, most especially if they find some discrepancies in the information. In my case however, it did not come to my attention that they called my most recent employer.

It is important that you submit all required documents, if for some reason you cannot comply you need to write a letter of explanation and submit other documents proving your employment. Then again not complying with the documents needed will give your slimmer chance of approval. It will depend on the visa officer.

All of these are just my opinion, you still have to double check all infos on www.cic.gc.ca

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
How is everyone doing. Give me updates of your applications. It has been a while since I posted in here.

Survived my first winter. Believe me when I tell you, snow is nice at first but can get pretty bad after days of all snow. I was lied to.

Anyway an update... I am applying for Provincial Nominee Program of Nova Scotia, once nominated, next stop will be Permanent Residency.

Faisalg22

Jan 2, 2020
I received the LMO from my employer in Canada for NOC: 6471. I applied last May 15 via online and chose my current country for residence as Saudi Arabia, and got a confirmation from CIC that they have received my application. I keep on receiving updates in May 17 and May 18 via email that CIC has recently updated my application, but when I checked my account, it still shows that the last update CIC made was in May 15, 2014. My friends who applied using the same LMO in Manila already got request for medical after 7 days. This is currently my 8th day and still no updates from CIC.

Three questions here:
1. Should I already inform CIC about the update not showing on myCIC?
2. I did not remember selecting what visa office to submit, is it automatic that it will be directed to RIyadh Visa Office since I am currently residing in Saudi Arabia?
3. Does the online processing time in Manila and Riyadh differ accordingly the same with paper applications thru VFS?
Hi
Does your employer can provide job offer ?