+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One question about research assistant

hankgong

Jan 1, 2007
Hi, I'm a Ph. D student in Korea. Now I want to apply the Canada skilled worker immigration. However, since I don't have direct industrial experience, but I have been doing research assistant for more than 3 years.
So I'm wondering my current status is valid for application or not?

P.S. I do find the research assistant in the NOC list. However, I'm still PH.D candidate now.

Hank

G

Ghareb

Hello
Yes you can apply while you are a PHD student. You work as a TA is counted as experience. I am PHD student also and I applied for Quebec and I was accepted. But I know many friends who are PHD students also. They applied for federal as skilled workers and accpeted also.
Take care
Ghareb

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
Since you are a student, why don't you apply in a Canadian University and continue your studies there. This way you will have two benefits. First you will have a Canadian Degree and secondly it is much quicker to get a student visa.
Thanks
Cool

tvt123

Oct 10, 2007
Hi Ghareb & all

I am a PhD student as well, but in EU. I've been working on projects for my MSc degree and are paid by a fellowship. I wonder what kind of documentation is required to say that even though i have student visa, i've been working for the last 2 years. I dont have any contract with the university, just the letter confirming that i am a student receiving postgraduate fellowship.

any help is appreciated.

tvt