+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Refund

indian5911

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi Guys,
Anybody got refund from OINP in case they got the invitation from federal while their file is still in process by OINP ????
As In my case they said we will not refund .

Thanks

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
nope, got a letter saying that refund is not possible

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
indian5911 said:
Hi Guys,
Anybody got refund from OINP in case they got the invitation from federal while their file is still in process by OINP ????

Thanks
It is clearly mentioned in the OINP application guide as well as in their website, that they will not be giving u a refund in case u withdraw ur application due to ITA or any other reason.

However as Asivad and others pointed out in other posts, you may wait and not send OINP a mail informing about your ITA and hope that there is some document missing in your application in which case they will return your application as incomplete along with the fees. But this is totally upto u how u want to approach.

In my case I sent them a mail that I had received an ITA and that I am accepting it so I got a decision letter stating that my application has been withdrawn and I won't be given the refund. Only after that mail did I come across ASivad's idea of not informing the OINP right away. May be once you submit your application to CIC u could write them a mail.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
indian5911 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Did you receive AOR and File number before u applied for refund ?

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
If you haven't received AOR as yet is chance of a refund possible?
Yes, If you didn't get AOR then you can cancel and get Refund.

Earlier they used to give AOR after months, and we cancelled and got refund before AOR.
But now they have less applications and issuing AOR instantly.
Less chance on Refund.

YanaG

May 19, 2017
I am not sure withdrawing was a good idea though, because maybe I won't get PR approved through CIC?