+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

rajesh020285

Mar 12, 2019
Received my eCOPR just now, but unfortunately, they had my passport number wrong. It shows my kid's passport number instead of mine, when IRCC requested to update my kid's passport as it is expiring, the only upload option was under my details, and I am suspecting that might be the reason this happened. How can I get it sorted, and what are the implication because if this.

@legalfalcon can you suggest on how to sort this

Reactions: Kerikeri and Ufuoma

LandCanada2021

Feb 22, 2021
I have AOR in late September 2020.
I applied for GCMS in mid-March through my brother (Canadian Citizen) via ATIP IRCC and he has not yet received
any GCMS notes nor any other update from them. He mailed the ATIP email id twice and just got automatic response of delays expected due to covid.

What can I do? Its been nearly three months and no GCMS.

Also can I explain in webform that my sibling is Canadian citizen so I am exempt to travel even though FSW-O, in case that will speed up my application? I had claimed 15 points in express entry profile for sibling.

Reactions: akashrocketszz

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Received my eCOPR just now, but unfortunately, they had my passport number wrong. It shows my kid's passport number instead of mine, when IRCC requested to update my kid's passport as it is expiring, the only upload option was under my details, and I am suspecting that might be the reason this happened. How can I get it sorted, and what are the implication because if this.

@legalfalcon can you suggest on how to sort this
This is transcription error and will not matter. If you want to get it correct call IRCC or send a webform. If they do not do it just by requesting, then you will ave to follow this :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Hi everyone!

I check my application page every day but nothing changes... So, I've got an interesting thought about outland applications and I'd like to hear what you all think (especially @legalfalcon ).

Is it possible that the assessment stages haven't actually stuck despite we see them stuck on our account web pages, and the reason why we don't see updates is that IRCC officers just don't update the application?

Just imagine a situation: an applicant sees their application stuck at the criminality stage, for instance. But in the backlog, it has already passed all the stages, but the applicant doesn't see it on the web page because IRCC officers just don't want to update the application twice (when it passes all stages and when IRCC gets the order to send COPRs to outlanders). Basically, IRCC officers have a lot of work to do, why should they update every application twice, if they could do it just once on the day they will be allowed to send COPRs?

Of course, that applicant could find the truth out if it was possible to get GCMS notes instantly and compare the stage statuses in the report with the statuses on the web page. If there's a difference, we can conclude that IRCC officers do not keep aplications updated.

To sum up, for me, it's a pretty realistic scenario that:
a) the vast majority of 6+ months old outland applications have already passed all the stages
b) it isn't indicated on the profile web pages because IRCC officers have some certain reasons not to update the profiles (laziness, rationalilty, or a direct command not to do it).
c) when the borders are opened and IRCC gets the command to finalize the outland applications, IRCC officers will fully update the profiles and send COPRs the same day.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: requiemforadream

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone!

I check my application page every day but nothing changes... So, I've got an interesting thought about outland applications and I'd like to hear what you all think (especially @legalfalcon ).

Is it possible that the assessment stages haven't actually stuck despite we see them stuck on our account web pages, and the reason why we don't see updates is that IRCC officers just don't update the application?

Just imagine a situation: an applicant sees their application stuck at the criminality stage, for instance. But in the backlog, it has already passed all the stages, but the applicant doesn't see it on the web page because IRCC officers just don't want to update the application twice (when it passes all stages and when IRCC gets the order to send COPRs to outlanders). Basically, IRCC officers have a lot of work to do, why should they update every application twice, if they could do it just once on the day they will be allowed to send COPRs?

Of course, that applicant could find the truth out if it was possible to get GCMS notes instantly and compare the stage statuses in the report with the statuses on the web page. If there's a difference, we can conclude that IRCC officers do not keep aplications updated.

a) the vast majority of 6+ months old outland applications have already passed all the stages
b) it isn't indicated on the profile web pages because IRCC officers have some certain reasons not to update the profiles (laziness, rationalilty, or a direct command not to do it).
c) when the borders are opened and IRCC gets the command to finalize the outland applications, IRCC officers will fully update the profiles and send COPRs the same day.

So, what do you think?
Interesting.

But the MyCIC account only had limited stages the are shown. How do you even separate criminality from BGC?

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hi everyone!

So, what do you think?
I don't think so. We all want to hopeful, but I doubt they're processing our applications. I just hope they start again soon. I would be ecstatic if we hear back within one year of our AORs, but at this pace, its not looking very likely. Let's hope the next couple of months bring good news.

toma1990

Nov 7, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2020
I have AOR in late September 2020.
I applied for GCMS in mid-March through my brother (Canadian Citizen) via ATIP IRCC and he has not yet received
any GCMS notes nor any other update from them. He mailed the ATIP email id twice and just got automatic response of delays expected due to covid.

What can I do? Its been nearly three months and no GCMS.

Also can I explain in webform that my sibling is Canadian citizen so I am exempt to travel even though FSW-O, in case that will speed up my application? I had claimed 15 points in express entry profile for sibling.
Same scenario. Applied for GCMS notes on 9th March through my sister who is a Canadian citizen. Haven't received them yet. Mail replies are also generic. Also in the initial mail received after gcms application, they assigned a temporary tracking number and said that it will be updated once request is registered. However, no new tracking number has been communicated so far. I am wondering if they misplaced my gcms notes request. I am an fsw outland applicant.

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Interesting.

But the MyCIC account only had limited stages the are shown. How do you even separate criminality from BGC?
Hello, @legalfalcon
I don't even know what to think actually. All these thoughts stem from my observations and expectations.
I mean, all I see in MyCIC is that my biometric status remains "we haven't received your fingerprints" since 1/Dec/2020 when I visited a local biometry collection center. As I know from a call to IRCC I made on 5/Apr/2021, my criminality is "reviewed". According to other applicants' timelines, having 7 months of criminality assessment is absurd. So, the only two thoughts I've got are that some assessment processes took place in the backlog without being flagged in my profile or there're some issues with my police clearence report.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, @legalfalcon
I don't even know what to think actually. All these thoughts stem from my observations and expectations.
I mean, all I see in MyCIC is that my biometric status remains "we haven't received your fingerprints" since 1/Dec/2020 when I visited a local biometry collection center. As I know from a call to IRCC I made on 5/Apr/2021, my criminality is "reviewed". According to other applicants' timelines, having 7 months of criminality assessment is absurd. So, the only two thoughts I've got are that some assessment processes took place in the backlog without being flagged in my profile or there're some issues with my police clearence report.
Criminality is based on the PCCs and the biometrics you submit. The PCC are evaluated early in the processing and the biometrics takes time as they are processed by RCMP and the respite is sent to IRCC, only after which it is updated. See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Similarly, security is the last stage to be initiated and is done after eligibility is passed. To read on security and how long it takes, see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

This is why the BGC status changes 2-3 times.

The eligibility in the MyCIC account will remain in progress until the COPR is issued. Instead of it saying that we are reviewing your eligibility, it should indicate status, and that is "in progress"

Unfortunately, to know the exact status of an application, you have to rely on calls, webforms and GCMS. The MyCIC status is not an accurate. This is my opinion, but if you see any observations based on your status and your calls, please update.

rajsandhu1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020

AkshayG

Sep 29, 2020
Just saw a GU in my account. Hoping to get some good news.

CEC Inland
AOR - Oct 18
Eligibility- Passed
Criminality- In progress
Security- Not started
Just had a call with IRCC. All stages passed in my application. Waiting for the final decision. About to complete 8 months from AOR. Don’t know how long need to wait for the COPR.