+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

FORGODSAKE

May 24, 2020
Hello guys,

I received my AOR in October and the processing of my PR application was supposed to end on the 28th of April. However, the profile states the following small update:

I can imagine I'm not the only one in this situation? Contacted IRCC via the web form and I just received a generic answer blaming the extended processing times on ... you guessed: Covid.
Does anyone have any clue how much longer this can take? It's quite outrageous not being able to check a bunch of pdfs in 6 months+.
Cheers,

Andrei
Hey! I got the exactly same message shown on my page. We are in the unlucky 20% Group.

Reactions: andreiger

gauri24

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

Finally .. got an email today from IRCC landing unit with below message -

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! "

looks like with the current COVID 19 situation, below is the new normal -
- No PPR request.
- No Landing appointment OR interview.
- Send Photos as per convenience for processing the PR card (timeline 1 year).
- The letter in email can be used for applying government benefits and services.

Looks like IRCC offices are clearing the backlog now.
I hope everyone in this group will get the golden email soon :). Good Luck !!
Are you an inland applicant

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
Profile is not updated till you receive the PPR and you send the passport for stamping. Only then the profile is updated. By then the process has already completed. Therefore, do not rely on the profile. Everything happens on the background and the only ways to know the activities are:

1. Call IRCC call center (the fastest, least reliable)
2. Send webform to IRCC (middle, middle)
3. Order GCMS notes (the slowest, the most reliable and detailed report)
Thanks for your reply!
I'm thinking to give them a call, but I see it's really difficult to get a free agent as there are plenty of calls in queue non-stop. Webform wasn't very helpful unfortunately.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
hi just order it through canda.ca website. here is the link
atip
just click on atip and when you order select Access to information Act. also don't forget to fill consent form for spouse if applicable IMM 5744.
that's the correct site which will take you to https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do if you are in-land or eligible to apply on your own then select the Privacy Act; if someone is helping you then they should select the Access to Information Act. There is no charge to request the information on your own if you are eligible otherwise the govt. fee is $5.

selecao338

Jul 16, 2019
AOR- 03 OCT 2019.

Finally .. got an email today from IRCC landing unit with below message -

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! "

looks like with the current COVID 19 situation, below is the new normal -
- No PPR request.
- No Landing appointment OR interview.
- Send Photos as per convenience for processing the PR card (timeline 1 year).
- The letter in email can be used for applying government benefits and services.

Looks like IRCC offices are clearing the backlog now.
I hope everyone in this group will get the golden email soon :). Good Luck !!
Did you receive any other emails before this email ?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
How long it is taking to get gcms notes back after applying. Any idea friends ?
30 days is the legislated timeframe, can be less or even more. If it will take more than 30 days you will get notified by IRCC within the first 30 days. For what some people call GCMS+ or GCMS premium which includes copy of all your application details it will take much longer, IRCC is sending extension notices of up to 1 year because visa offices are closed due to COVID-19

Reactions: bobrovsky07

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
30 days is the legislated timeframe, can be less or even more. If it will take more than 30 days you will get notified by IRCC within the first 30 days. For what some people call GCMS+ or GCMS premium which includes copy of all your application details it will take much longer, IRCC is sending extension notices of up to 1 year because visa offices are closed due to COVID-19
Thank you

MadiM

Jan 1, 2020
Hey guys!
I've got RPRF about a month ago. I paid it immediately and now waiting for PPR to come thru. I understand due to COVID that might not be soon at all. My question is, does it mean I'll have to do re-medicals if they expire? Also, are medicals valid for 6 months or 12 months? My GCMS notes said 6 months, but the internet says 12 months. I am confused..... I hope I won't have to do medicals again because we don't have an approved medical office here and I have to travel to a neighbouring country