Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi all. I was waiting for PR but my passport is going to expire soon. Is it ok to renew passport while PR is being processed? What should I do?
Also, does this renewal affect secuirity check and the cic processing time or processing of PR in general?
All my documents are with the old pass and I am concerned how to move forward- whether better to wait more without renewal as renewal affects the secuirity check process? I appreciate to know your guidance. Thank you so much

If you passport is expiring it is advisable to renew ASAP. Renewing the PP has no bearing on your application or security checks. After you get the PP renewed, send a scan of the new PP via webform.

tpraveen.acc

Mar 4, 2020
Did any one received passports who sent to Ottawa in Marchsecond week. I am bit nervous about my passports, its been more than month they recieved my passports. I am inland applicant.

varlak

Mar 26, 2020
oh! congrats, when did you sent your passports to Ottawa? are u inland applicant?
Yes, I stopped checking the tracker and suddenly it was activated. My passports reached Ottawa on the 10th of March, CoPR is 11th. But they sent the mail on 7 April and I got it yesterday. So even though the process was complete it took them so long to send it. And yes am in-land. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ekowpo

tpraveen.acc

Mar 4, 2020
Yes, I stopped checking the tracker and suddenly it was activated. My passports reached Ottawa on the 10th of March, CoPR is 11th. But they sent the mail on 7 April and I got it yesterday. So even though the process was complete it took them so long to send it. And yes am in-land. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that helps......please let me know if you get any information on flag polling.

Reactions: varlak

balkarthik

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019

Me too the same case, waiting with COPR. I think they opened the validation of PR - But not clearly getting the context

Who is exempt from Canadian travel restrictions?
The following are among the list of people allowed to enter Canada by land or air while the travel restrictions are in place until June 30, 2020:

• Canadian citizens
  • Permanent residents
  • Immediate family of Canadian citizens and permanent residents
  • Permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence prior to March 18 and who had not yet travelled to Canada
  • Temporary foreign workers
  • International students who held a valid study permit or who had been approved for one before March 18
  • Transiting passengers
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) holders who are unable to travel because of coronavirus-related disruptions can contact IRCC via its web form to explain their situation. They can expect IRCC to advise them about the next steps.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) recommends checking their webpage for the most recent updates before travelling to Canada.

It is also mandatory for all travellers to self-isolate for 14 days after their arrival to Canada. As of today, April 15, all new arrivals to Canada must wear a mask or face covering before they can proceed to their final destination. They must also have a credible quarantine plan, or they will be forced to stay in a hotel.

Reactions: KoKo_

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
In my profile it says
"We are reviewing the additional documents you provided."
Before it said "Not applicable" after I submitted additional documents.
Anyone have any idea what is going on?

It means that IRCC is updating your profile that they are reviewing the additional info that you have sent.
I received that too when I sent them some additional documents. After review, it will be updated again to " Not applicable".

Don't worry!