+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2018 AOR - join here

VK_r

Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I got AOR in October 2019. They requested for re-medical last year in August 2020. After that there is no update. Its been exactly 15 months and there is no any other update after that. I understand there could be delays due to Covid but its been 15 months now. GCMS notes state Eligibility, Criminality and Medical : Passed, Final: Approved
When I call them, the agent says you should get PPR soon but I have been hearing this since 2020. Any idea what should I do next?

TheMapleDream

Oct 31, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Hey...The Interview is required email you got from NDVO was in reference to any status that you asked or Did you get it as a notification from them? I am trying to understand the correlation here as I see two other folks getting this email.
My ATIP notes in Oct 2020 showed Interview is Recommended. I raised a webform to NDVO on Nov 2020 asking for the status on my application. They replied back on Dec 2020 with Interview is Required status.

Reactions: YouGotMeHere

TheMapleDream

Oct 31, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Nothing at all. Got the notes last week and no updates. Security is Not Started. basically they havent touched the file since August last year.
Looks like they are not giving any preference for FSW applications.... :(

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
Notes status is the same as my last notes I received August last year:

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Not Started

However, when I checked the notes in detail, about 90 pages have been removed with a note saying "Pages are withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the Access to Information Act". The same note also appears in my parents' notes who applied for a visitor visa. Since my security has not started, I am thinking that this is not related to security screening.

When I checked section 16 online, this is what I found:

Security

(2) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that could reasonably be expected to facilitate the commission of an offence, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

• (c) on the vulnerability of particular buildings or other structures or systems, including computer or communication systems, or methods employed to protect such buildings or other structures or systems.
@daveishan do you know anything about this?

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW

HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:

However, when I checked the notes in detail, about 90 pages have been removed with a note saying "Pages are withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the Access to Information Act". The same note also appears in my parents' notes who applied for a visitor visa. Since my security has not started, I am thinking that this is not related to security screening.

Security

(2) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that could reasonably be expected to facilitate the commission of an offence, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

• (c) on the vulnerability of particular buildings or other structures or systems, including computer or communication systems, or methods employed to protect such buildings or other structures or systems.

Just saw this on another forum:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9243937

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018

HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:

Security

Unfortunately no

sfvan

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Category........
FSW
@daveishan what does it say in your background check section when you login online? Mine changed to Not Applicable. Not sure if that means anything.

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
@daveishan what does it say in your background check section when you login online? Mine changed to Not Applicable. Not sure if that means anything.
Most of the cases where i have seen that changing to NA is when an Employer Verification email is sent or a call is made. Do check with your employer if he got an email? It might also be related to Security but for that most of time the BG changes from "We're Processing" to "In progress". Never the less, with IRCC, it's dificult to predict with the changing dimensions.