+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

Just received the FP request and it says the FP should be sent to Toronto. Does that mean this is my processing office?
I think thats your processing office . good luck with the process , did you receive FP Request by mail or by email ?
I have received test invite by email and Ecas shows that they will be sending me FP Request but don't know if by regular mail or Email !

Reactions: OsamaR

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
i am waiting for a DM after the test on Feb 13.... Is the DM coming at the same time with Oath letter? what is the normal wait from test to DM, and what would happen during which?

Reactions: Bonvi

wwe

Apr 22, 2011
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 JUNE
Med's Request
12 JULY
Med's Done....
13 JULY
Interview........
28 AUGUST
VISA ISSUED...
30 AUGUST
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
Repost:
I had 4 passports but only 3 is within the last five years.
I only added them to the main application as they asked for all passports from the last 5 years.
Now should I take the 4th one (used 6+ years ago)?
I am worring because on the test invitation letter they did not mention about that 5 year clause.

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Repost:
I had 4 passports but only 3 is within the last five years.
I only added them to the main application as they asked for all passports from the last 5 years.
Now should I take the 4th one (used 6+ years ago)?
I am worring because on the test invitation letter they did not mention about that 5 year clause.
Dont worry,its implied...Bring only passport of the eligible period.

Reactions: wwe

SJ2013

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Hi All,

Today I took the oath of citizenship in Ottawa, and officially became a proud Canadian. My citizenship journey has come to an end. I would like to thank everyone in the forum, especially the senior members and moderators of the forum (@razerblade @Kan_Sri @rajmalhotra7 @HLR ) for their invaluable inputs and the great job they are doing in keeping the spreadsheet updated. Wish everyone a speedy process! GLTA!

abeerqs

Mar 2, 2018
Oakville
Hi all, anyone applied on October 16th?can you add me to the forum, my app was received on October 19th, aknowlegment was sent on November 23rd and the stating to process my app on January 2nd

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

soccerrr

Apr 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

After almost 5 months, IRCC made it clear to me that they lost my application. So I have no other option than applying again with a cover/explanation letter. I was wondering if any sample or template available for the cover letter?
Also, Is any instruction or guideline on the forum or somewhere else (other than IRCC instruction guide) that I can use? I don't want to give them any chance to waste my time more.

Thank you in advance

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

After almost 5 months, IRCC made it clear to me that they lost my application. So I have no other option than applying again with a cover/explanation letter. I was wondering if any sample or template available for the cover letter?
Also, Is any instruction or guideline on the forum or somewhere else (other than IRCC instruction guide) that I can use? I don't want to give them any chance to waste my time more.

Thank you in advance
I think you should mention the date you application was received and since then there was no feedback from CIC regarding your application. You should also include if possible, the communication between you and CIC and the name of the agent or officer who confirmed to you that the application was lost and that you need to reapply. You can include the tracking number and the name of the person who received your application in Sydney.

Reactions: soccerrr

H2E

Mar 3, 2018
Hello all,
For the test day there are some documents required:
-All current and expired passports and /or Canadian Travel documents
-A photocopy of the bio-data pages of all current and expired passports and /or Canadian Travel documents
-A certified translation of any passport pages that have visas, entry/exit stamps, or notes that are not in one of Canada's official languages- English or French.

I have three passports and the first one is way before my eligibility time period. I was wondering, from your experience, should I also translate the stamps in the expired passport which is not within my eligibility period?
I really appreciate your help.

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
Hi All,

Today I took the oath of citizenship in Ottawa, and officially became a proud Canadian. My citizenship journey has come to an end. I would like to thank everyone in the forum, especially the senior members and moderators of the forum (@razerblade @Kan_Sri @rajmalhotra7 @HLR ) for their invaluable inputs and the great job they are doing in keeping the spreadsheet updated. Wish everyone a speedy process! GLTA!
Congrats

Reactions: SJ2013

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello all,
For the test day there are some documents required:
-All current and expired passports and /or Canadian Travel documents
-A photocopy of the bio-data pages of all current and expired passports and /or Canadian Travel documents
-A certified translation of any passport pages that have visas, entry/exit stamps, or notes that are not in one of Canada's official languages- English or French.

I have three passports and the first one is way before my eligibility time period. I was wondering, from your experience, should I also translate the stamps in the expired passport which is not within my eligibility period?
I really appreciate your help.
If this passport expired before your eligibility period, then I don't think you need to even present it. Carry it with you however.

I, too, have such a passport that expired in 2007. I won't be presenting it.