Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Status tracking doesn't become available immediately. It can take upto 10 days for application status to show on BLS and another week after that to show up on consulates website.
It is been more than a month since I submitted my application and there is no update. I haven't received my originals back. I am worried now.

Can anyone suggest what can be done at this point? I posted the application to Brampton BLS.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
It is been more than a month since I submitted my application and there is no update. I haven't received my originals back. I am worried now.

Can anyone suggest what can be done at this point? I posted the application to Brampton BLS.
Are you still not able to track your application on the BLS website either?
You can try calling them between 8-9 (that’s when I’ve had the most success). Keep hammering the redial button.
Another option is to submit a ticket/file a complaint on the BLS website. They usually get back within 2 days.
Good luck!

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019

mine been a week no email or anything cannot even track status.. it says no recods found

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
mine been a week no email or anything cannot even track status.. it says no recods found
Yeah, it takes about two weeks before the tracking starts to show, so you still have time. Mine took 16 days to show up on the BLS site but I never received an email.

Suji2019

Apr 29, 2019
Applied OCI for 2 (Me and my wife) on Feb 1st using the Purolator service.
After 20 days there is an update today on my application =" In Transit from consulate General to BLS" and on my wife's application = "Processing in Consulate General".
Any idea how much more time will it take for us to get the OCI Card.
Appreciate all your help

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Applied OCI for 2 (Me and my wife) on Feb 1st using the Purolator service.
After 20 days there is an update today on my application =" In Transit from consulate General to BLS" and on my wife's application = "Processing in Consulate General".
Any idea how much more time will it take for us to get the OCI Card.
Appreciate all your help
when did you received your acknowledgement email?

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Your OCI application with airway bill no 33************ has received at our BLS Center.
During this Pandemic and Provincial lock-down, postal application processing time at BLS Quarantined Postal Hub at Brampton/ Surrey/ Ottawa is 3 - 5 business days to process and send the application to Consulate for their decisioning process. The time taken at Consulate would depend on the category / merit of your application. You are required to submit your application duly filled up along with document checklist as mentioned on BLS website. Incomplete or Erroneous applications would be returned back, to you

what does this email means?
did they start workinng on application? or its just automated email and mean nothing?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Your OCI application with airway bill no 33************ has received at our BLS Center.
During this Pandemic and Provincial lock-down, postal application processing time at BLS Quarantined Postal Hub at Brampton/ Surrey/ Ottawa is 3 - 5 business days to process and send the application to Consulate for their decisioning process. The time taken at Consulate would depend on the category / merit of your application. You are required to submit your application duly filled up along with document checklist as mentioned on BLS website. Incomplete or Erroneous applications would be returned back, to you

what does this email means?
did they start workinng on application? or its just automated email and mean nothing?
Probably doesn’t mean anything. Some get it, some don’t. I didn’t get one after sending my application on Feb 2, but my tracking has been activated as of Feb 17 on the BLS site.
Activated on the consulate site on Feb 19.

akshay.1o

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Probably doesn’t mean anything. Some get it, some don’t. I didn’t get one after sending my application on Feb 2, but my tracking has been activated as of Feb 17 on the BLS site.
Activated on the consulate site on Feb 19.
Got it.. I sent my application on 11th received at 12th at bls so hopefully I will be able to track my application by next week..

ayeshasalma

May 27, 2014
Hi.
Can I get the customer care # to learn the OCI and Indian passport surrender process?
Meanwhile, can someone walk me through the process.
Thank you

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi.
Can I get the customer care # to learn the OCI and Indian passport surrender process?
Meanwhile, can someone walk me through the process.
Thank you
I detailed my experience here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-9165358

The BLS website will have contact information for your specific jurisdiction, but be warned, they are notoriously difficult to get a hold of. You’re better off actually going through posts on this thread. Chances are someone would have already have answered a question you have. Good luck!

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
Here is my timeline:

Documents sent: 14th Jan 2021
Documents received by BLS: 15th Jan 2021
Acknowledgement email from BLS: 22nd Jan 2021
Acknowledgement per consulate website: 29th Jan 2021
Processed on: 17th Feb 2021
Received by BLS: 18th Feb
Ready for dispatch: 18th Feb
Delivered at residence: 22 Feb

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Here is my timeline:

Documents sent: 14th Jan 2021
Documents received by BLS: 15th Jan 2021
Acknowledgement email from BLS: 22nd Jan 2021
Acknowledgement per consulate website: 29th Jan 2021
Processed on: 17th Feb 2021
Received by BLS: 18th Feb
Ready for dispatch: 18th Feb
Delivered at residence: 22 Feb
Congrats! Did they reveal the Purolator tracking number for the return online or did you have to call them?

bhaumik52

Oct 8, 2019
Still cannot see my application status online on BLS website. Postal package delivered to BLS Brampton on Feb 4, Acknowledgement email on Feb 12.

Called the customer support today, and as per them they cannot see the update on their side either. Issue escalated to Brampton team, would take 48 hours before they know status of the application.

Why can't they handle the application in same way? I asked if there is an error in application, the customer support guy dint even know that. Seems like they forgot to start the process on the application