+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

amkullar

Aug 19, 2016
Thanks so much for the help guys. I hope i can get it soon and finally be done with the CGI and BLS. I will let you know once i receive my oci.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I haven't received my OCI yet. On BLS website it still shows "Processing at Consulate General"
On Govt. of India's website, it shows that the OCI is received on 18th August in Vancouver.

nyadlapati

May 3, 2016
Strange, the same with my application as well. delivered to CGI Vancouver on August 22 and still bls website says in process at CGI. my fedex shipping label doesn't show anything yet. did you call them? I am thinking of calling them and asking them what is the procedure and why is it still waiting, when it is being sent in a week in toronto.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
nyadlapati said:
Strange, the same with my application as well. delivered to CGI Vancouver on August 22 and still bls website says in process at CGI. my fedex shipping label doesn't show anything yet. did you call them? I am thinking of calling them and asking them what is the procedure and why is it still waiting, when it is being sent in a week in toronto.
I just checked my Son's OCI status for 2014 and it was received at Vancouver Office at end of November and reached my home on mid of December.

Comparing the timeline, I should receive the OCI by first week of September.

For you it, might be between the 1st week of September and 2nd week of September.

nyadlapati

May 3, 2016
Thanks coolguysam. Just called the agent at BLS and he said that it might take 10 to 15 business days after receiving the OCI booklet at Vancouver. they will stick oci sticker in the booklet and then it will be ready for pick up by bls and delivered. Hope we will get in the next two weeks. this process might be faster in toronto as people are getting it in less than a week after the booklet is received in toronto.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
nyadlapati said:
Thanks coolguysam. Just called the agent at BLS and he said that it might take 10 to 15 business days after receiving the OCI booklet at Vancouver. they will stick oci sticker in the booklet and then it will be ready for pick up by bls and delivered. Hope we will get in the next two weeks. this process might be faster in toronto as people are getting it in less than a week after the booklet is received in toronto.
There is no sticker in the Booklet. It is just like a Passport with just couple of pages.

If you are referring to "U" visa sticker, CGI no longer pastes it on the "Canadian Passport"

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I just saw the online status:
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

Additional Infomation

# Comments On

1 Sent via fedex xxxxxxxxxxxx today's date

Delivery date of tomorrow 30th August.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
Hi der,

Just today I received my Canadian passport, so now I am going to apply surrender Indian passport and OCI together from Calgary ( Vancouver). I have some questions/ confusions can u please help me out

1. Both photographs should be same ( upload online and submit in person at BSL center
2. In OCI checklist - last point says,

BLS will not be accepting original documents for the OCI application in Vancouver, Surrey Calgary & Edmonton; all original documents must be notarized from the notary public.

So it means , all docs photocopies should be notarized( citizenship certificates, Canadian passport, landing paper, surrender certi, and my husband's Indian passport and pr card and marriage certificate )

3. After completing online the OCI application, within how many days to submit the documents at BSL

Thanks

VTG said:
Wondering is anyone knows how long will i see under process ? My application was recvd June 16th 2016 and i plan to go to India in October
----
Applicant Name
File Acknowledgment Number CANV********
Date Of Acknowledgment 22-JUN-2016
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
Documents Printing Status UNDER-PROCESS
-----

Thank you !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dipashah said:
Hi der,

Just today I received my Canadian passport, so now I am going to apply surrender Indian passport and OCI together from Calgary ( Vancouver). I have some questions/ confusions can u please help me out

1. Both photographs should be same ( upload online and submit in person at BSL center
2. In OCI checklist - last point says,

BLS will not be accepting original documents for the OCI application in Vancouver, Surrey Calgary & Edmonton; all original documents must be notarized from the notary public.

So it means , all docs photocopies should be notarized( citizenship certificates, Canadian passport, landing paper, surrender certi, and my husband's Indian passport and pr card and marriage certificate )

3. After completing online the OCI application, within how many days to submit the documents at BSL

Thanks
Are you mailing the application or visiting BLS?

1. Ideally both photos should be same.
2. Yes, make photocopies and then notarize.
3. Do it as early as possible.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Question my OCI printing status has been under process since June 22 and BLS has told me to follow up with India since they don't know why does anyone know who I would contact ??

Thank you !!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VTG said:
Question my OCI printing status has been under process since June 22 and BLS has told me to follow up with India since they don't know why does anyone know who I would contact ??

Thank you !!!
What's your timeline for the OCI? (Means when did you submit and what's the status online)

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
thecoolguysam said:
What's your timeline for the OCI? (Means when did you submit and what's the status online)
Online shows printing in process from June 22 2016. I had applied on June 14th and it was received by BLS on June 16th. I got my surrender letter back within a week but this is just not moving.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VTG said:
Online shows printing in process from June 22 2016. I had applied on June 14th and it was received by BLS on June 16th. I got my surrender letter back within a week but this is just not moving.
It's been a long time. I applied around end of June and received it by end of August.

You should contact CGI of India in Canada and Contact BLS as well and try contacting Indian side as well to check why there is a delay.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
thecoolguysam said:
It's been a long time. I applied around end of June and received it by end of August.

You should contact CGI of India in Canada and Contact BLS as well and try contacting Indian side as well to check why there is a delay.
I had a family member find out and in India they said it was printed and sent back Aug 22 2016 but website does not reflect that and BLS unfortunately is either unable to help or just not wanting to.

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Indian office from here ?

Thanks