+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
nyadlapati said:
My OCI status says Processed on August 10th. not dispatched yet. hoping to get it in next two weeks just like others :-X .
You will see the dispatch date between 11th to 13th August.

Keep checking the status online.

nyadlapati

May 3, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
You will see the dispatch date between 11th to 13th August.
Thanks coolguysam, it says dispatched on 11th August, but the BLS tracking still says Processing at CGI. Is that usual?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
nyadlapati said:
Thanks coolguysam, it says dispatched on 11th August, but the BLS tracking still says Processing at CGI. Is that usual?
Yes, Firstly the documents will be received by Indian Consulate at Vancouver and same will update on Govt of India's website. Then they will send it to BLS and once BLS receives the documents, they will dispatch it and will update their website. That's what I can think of.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
srini123 said:
Hi All,

I have received my OCI booklet through Fedex today.

srini
Great! Congrats! I am waiting too. Mine was dispatched on 8th August from New Delhi.
When was your booklet dispatched from New Delhi and when was it received at CGI Vancouver?
When was it received by BLS and when did BLS dispatch it?

srini123

Feb 24, 2014
Hi,

My OCI booklet was printed on Aug 3 and dispatched on Aug 4. It arrived in Toronto on Aug 11. BLS sent My OCI booklet yesterday and I received it today.

Srini

thecoolguysam said:
Great! Congrats! I am waiting too. Mine was dispatched on 8th August from New Delhi.
When was your booklet dispatched from New Delhi and when was it received at CGI Vancouver?
When was it received by BLS and when did BLS dispatch it?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
srini123 said:
Hi,

My OCI booklet was printed on Aug 3 and dispatched on Aug 4. It arrived in Toronto on Aug 11. BLS sent My OCI booklet yesterday and I received it today.

Srini
Thank you :)
Looking at your timeline, i think I will receive it by early next week.

amkullar

Aug 19, 2016
Hey Guys, Been reading this forum for a while now and thought i'd finally post myself. So i submitted my OCI application at BLS Surrey on May 7. From that date until almost mid Aug, i was checking my status on the BLS tracking website. which only said Processing at consulate general. I recieved an email from someone at CGI in first week on July asking to re send my brother and I's detailed birth certificates. I sent them on july 11. I asked that they confirm that they have recieved these certs. No one replied. After that i sent 3! emails to follow up about our email. No a single reply. I finally decided to go to CGI on aug 10. There the OCI lady told me that i didnt sent my birth certificate. I was furious. I showed her the email i sent and the 3 follow up emails. Embarrassed, she gave me another email oci@cgivancouver to send the birth certificate. Which she received right away. She gave me a new webiste to track my application. I told her that because of your lack of replying to my email. my oci has been sitting in pending since july 11.
I have some family events coming up in start to mid sept. I was told oci would be ready be end of july to mid aug. here/s my timeline
Date of Ack: June 7 (one month after submitting to BLS)
Doc printing status: PROCESSED
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 16-AUG-2016
Document received At VANCOUVER On ????
From other peoples experience. When do you think i can recieve my OCI.
From my research the date dispatched from Delhi to receiving at Vancouver varies from 4-12 days.
Appreciate the help. will keep you guys updated

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
amkullar said:
Hey Guys, Been reading this forum for a while now and thought i'd finally post myself. So i submitted my OCI application at BLS Surrey on May 7. From that date until almost mid Aug, i was checking my status on the BLS tracking website. which only said Processing at consulate general. I recieved an email from someone at CGI in first week on July asking to re send my brother and I's detailed birth certificates. I sent them on july 11. I asked that they confirm that they have recieved these certs. No one replied. After that i sent 3! emails to follow up about our email. No a single reply. I finally decided to go to CGI on aug 10. There the OCI lady told me that i didnt sent my birth certificate. I was furious. I showed her the email i sent and the 3 follow up emails. Embarrassed, she gave me another email oci@cgivancouver to send the birth certificate. Which she received right away. She gave me a new webiste to track my application. I told her that because of your lack of replying to my email. my oci has been sitting in pending since july 11.
I have some family events coming up in start to mid sept. I was told oci would be ready be end of july to mid aug. here/s my timeline
From my research the date dispatched from Delhi to receiving at Vancouver varies from 4-12 days.
My OCI was dispatched from New delhi on 8th August and reached on 18th August. I should expect it by end of next week.

As per the user srini123 the OCI was dispatched on Aug 4. It arrived in Toronto on Aug 11. BLS sent OCI booklet on 16th and received it on 17th.

Usually as per my understanding the OCI should be with you within 2 weeks after it was dispatched from New Delhi. You should expect your OCI at your home (if you have chosen courier delivery) by end of August.

advanta1

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS & PCC sent with the application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
PER on 26.10.11
IELTS Request
sent with the documents
File Transfer...
23-11-2011TRACK SHEET : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgthpG06V9k3dGE0Mldod0ljWTZjR25HZkpydDZ3QXc&hl=fil#gid=0
Med's Request
1-02-2012
Med's Done....
18-02-2012 Passport received by CHC: Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 1515 Hrs
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2012 received by CHC on February 23
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 22, 2012
LANDED..........
11 June 2012 Winnipeg
Pray and wait...
amkullar said: