+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
When I called BLS to verify the checklist once before shipping my docs, the agent told me to include spouse passport copy (attested by the spouse), and marriage certificate copy along with the other documents.

These seem to be outside the checklist items, Is this typically the case with all applicants?

Also, did anyone submit their original canceled indian passport, or just copy was sufficient (the agent told me only the attested copy is required)
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
When I called BLS to verify the checklist once before shipping my docs, the agent told me to include spouse passport copy (attested by the spouse), and marriage certificate copy along with the other documents.

These seem to be outside the checklist items, Is this typically the case with all applicants?

Also, did anyone submit their original canceled indian passport, or just copy was sufficient (the agent told me only the attested copy is required)
Thanks for your help.
Do It man..atleast they are telling you this free of cost over phone..

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Noting yet! I was really hoping for status to change today☹
Don't lose hope yet. If processed on Monday you could still try pickup on Wednesday from BLS. Get BLS to hold it positively.
If it gets delayed beyond Monday and processed only on Tuesday or Wednesday, go to the open house on Wednesday and pick it up from the consulate.

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......

Thanks for your help.
This attestation by spouse for your application is a misunderstanding that BLS has -- they have no idea what attestation means. Its you, the applicant, making an undertaking that something is a true copy. Nothing to do with whose document it is. But well, well, include whatever BLS asks for and do whatever pleases them if its not to hard to comply. And be done with it once and for all.

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023
Do It man..atleast they are telling you this free of cost over phone..
I certainly will, and I appreciate their willingness to walk through the list, just wanted to check in with the members on the group, and perhaps share my takeaways from the convo.

Canda2023

Jun 15, 2023
I certainly will, and I appreciate their willingness to walk through the list, just wanted to check in with the members on the group, and perhaps share my takeaways from the convo.
May be you looked at a wrong checklist. Apparently there are two different links to the OCI on BLS website. The correct checklist URL has a version date of 2June2022. https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist-and-Information-Booklet-for-OCI-Jan2022.pdf

Reactions: Noctis7

DudeNextDoor

Oct 20, 2023

Ayshufatima204

Apr 29, 2021
Don't lose hope yet. If processed on Monday you could still try pickup on Wednesday from BLS. Get BLS to hold it positively.
If it gets delayed beyond Monday and processed only on Tuesday or Wednesday, go to the open house on Wednesday and pick it up from the consulate.
Thank you for your help, do you know how I can collect from consulate directly? Is there a process or do I just show up and pick it?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thank you for your help, do you know how I can collect from consulate directly? Is there a process or do I just show up and pick it?
Wednesday afternoon they have an "open house" -- there is a process for registering for it, but showing up without confirmation works unless its too busy. (see here: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/open-house/). Other days you will have to call and get permission to pickup. That said its possible to just show up on other days too but you will have to somehow convince the security to let you in. Once inside, the staff is generally helpful and will let you pickup if the document is ready and not passed on to BLS. They cannot expedite OCI, so it has to be ready.
Decide based on when you get next update.

Alternatively, you still have time for making an evisa.

Last edited:

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
By God's grace, my OCI has been processed :

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-NOV-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn24-NOV-2023

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
By God's grace, my OCI has been processed :

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-NOV-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn24-NOV-2023
Looks like they have been watching your posts here .. lol. Much faster than expected going by the recent pace of CGI Vancouver.

Reactions: krishere1982

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Looks like they have been watching your posts here .. lol. Much faster than expected going by the recent pace of CGI Vancouver.
Lol yeah. I was surprised to see the update too. Maybe Vancouver is picking up the pace now.

Now onto hoping BLS sends it to me soon.

Reactions: eas2lv