+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Oci delivered on 26th october . there was no update of receiving in ottawa on oci website
Applied :15 Aug
bls requested marriage certificate later on 18 Aug even though it was walkin appointment
Ack :22 Aug
Processed : 18 October
Dispatched from delhi : 19 October
Received in ottawa : not updated
Received through Purolator at home : 26 th October
Congrats @Shinda545. Looks like @sasharma25 logged off from the forum before providing his last update.

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Received update on OCI website today, status changed from "UNDER PROCESS" to "PROCESSED". (exactly after 21 days from OCI Ack)
my timeline below

OCI application was received by BLS Brampton: 18 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment from BLS: 21 Sep
Date Of Acknowledgment in OCI website(UNDER PROCESS): 5 Oct
Next Status change in OCI website ( to "PROCESSED" ): 26 Oct
Today, I checked my status on the OCI website, and to my shock, I found that my OCI application status has reverted from "PROCESSED" back to "UNDER PROCESS." Has anyone else experienced this status reversal? Is this normal, and what could be the reason behind it?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi,
I am about to print and mail my OCI application to the Brampton office in GTA. I wanted to ask if there is any official checklist of documents that needs to be referred to? There is a single page instruction sheet at the end of the downloaded pdf which contains my application information, but i find that highly confusing to read. Was wondering if there is anything simpler to refer to.
Bumping this post - can anyone help me out or provide a link?

Pradeep Verma

Jul 22, 2018
Hello All,

In the OCI application, on the Document Upload page, I have list of documents some of them don't really make sense such as :
1. Indian Visa
2. Marriage Certificate
3. PIO card
4. Relationship Certificate
5. Spouse OCI card
6. Spouse Passport

Are we suppose to just not upload anything for these? Note: the root to Indian is selected as SELF.
Yes, that is right, upload only what is relevant but make sure you are carrying copies and original with you. Self is correct

Reactions: wolf1989

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Today, I checked my status on the OCI website, and to my shock, I found that my OCI application status has reverted from "PROCESSED" back to "UNDER PROCESS." Has anyone else experienced this status reversal? Is this normal, and what could be the reason behind it?
Do you still see the OCI- Number on the page?

lumberman

Oct 24, 2023
My application date for the OCI is the 10th of october. I have also applied for the evisa back in September. My travel date is the 30th of november and since I haven’t had the ack from the oci website, I’m wondering if I should apply for an entry visa instead? Does anyone know what the processing time for that would be? It seems to say 45 days on the website but some people are saying its much faster too.

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Any update on OCI website for Application date- Oct 06,2023 ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My application date for the OCI is the 10th of october. I have also applied for the evisa back in September. My travel date is the 30th of november and since I haven’t had the ack from the oci website, I’m wondering if I should apply for an entry visa instead? Does anyone know what the processing time for that would be? It seems to say 45 days on the website but some people are saying its much faster too.
What is your location? We would know the actual processing time only after 2 weeks. I guess Toronto would process it faster(10-15 days). Montreal/Ottawa would follow the 45 days timeline based on their already slow processing speed.