+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

truthbetold

Sep 25, 2023
Thanks and Congratulations, yes it means ready to pickup ... how long it took for you to move from Counter Delivery to Ready for collection ?
There was no counter delivery status. After Under processing at BLS site , I got this status. Also I did not take courier service if that makes a difference.

bulls23

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Hi Guys,
Refreshing the OCI Ottawa pack.
We are all waiting ..

@truthbetold – 21-JUL-2023 - completed
@samdevban - 1-AUG-2023 - completed
@sasharma25 - 16th Aug - under process
@myindia - 17-AUG-2023
@VimalSagar - 18-AUG-2023
@Shinda545 – 22-AUG-2023
@bulls23 - 23-AUG-2023
@forw.jane - 1-SEP-2023
Let’s make sure we update each other. Seems like there is no one who applied for OCI in Ottawa(Montreal) between Aug 1-16th.
Any update form anyone else?
Still same for me. "Under Process".

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Received both my kids OCI's today. Please see my signature for application timeline.
Took exactly 6 weeks from the day we applied at BLS Brampton Walk-in. cheers!

fshaik

Oct 3, 2023
anyone who applied for OCI in first two weeks of September got acknowledgment at OCI website?
Yes, I applied on15th September below are the dates.

Walk in at Brampton: 15th September
Date of Acknowledgement: 28th September ( I checked status everyday on OCI Status site but it will show "No records found" till 12th or 13th day from the day you apply at BLS)
Hopefully it will be processed soon before 19th October as per current dates taking 21 days after DOA.

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Yes, I applied on15th September below are the dates.

Walk in at Brampton: 15th September
Date of Acknowledgement: 28th September ( I checked status everyday on OCI Status site but it will show "No records found" till 12th or 13th day from the day you apply at BLS)
Hopefully it will be processed soon before 19th October as per current dates taking 21 days after DOA.
Please go to your account profile and put the time-line in your signature. This way no one has to keep trying to find your timeline.

Reactions: fshaik

fshaik

Oct 3, 2023
Time Lines of my OCI:

Walk-in Application at Brampton : 15th September
Date of Acknowledgement : 28th September
Expected Date to Complete Process at CGI-Toronto : 19th October
Expected Date to Receive at Home via Courier Service: 20th October or 23rd October

History of status changes:
16th Sep - BLS shows "under process" two times
18th Sep - BLS shows "Processing at Consulate General"
28th Sep - OCI Status Site shows "Date of Acknowledgement" and Status "Under Process"

Reactions: ranjeeth87

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Thank you for digging it up. I emailed Bureau of Immigration asking about to travel to India after acquiring Canadian passport. They replied," You may use Indian passport. Surrender it to appropriate authority then apply for exit permit on Canadian passport."

I have confirmed with my local RPO (Regional Passport Office) that they'll be able to issue surrender certificate on the same day for most of the cases. For some cases it could take couple of days but should not take more than that.

Now the next piece of puzzle is exit permit from FRRO. I have emailed them about stay visa requirement for Canadians. If I do not here back by Wednesday, a friend of mine is going to visit their office on Wednesday. Let's see what they say.

If we go to India and they are not issuing stay visa and thus exit permits, can they just hold us it India indefinitely?
Here is the reply I got from frro. I did not ask for Canadians specifically and the visa part is still not crystal clear.

Sir/Madam,

01. As per Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) guidelines a grace period of three months (90 days) is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on Indian passport. For further clarification and fresh guidelines if any, in this regard you are advised to approach Indian Embassy abroad/concerned Regional Passport Office (RPO) in India.

Regarding surrendering of passport, foreign national is advised to approach Indian Embassy abroad/concerned Regional Passport Office (RPO) in India.

02. Further, as far as departure from India is concerned, any Indian acquires nationality/passport of another country then he/she has to obtain "Exit Permit / Visa" from the FRRO/FRO through online application at https://indianfrro.gov.in. Further, if "Exit Permit" is issued, the foreign national must depart within the validity of the Exit Permit.

Note: Grant/denial of Exit Permit/ Visa related services is subject to submission of surrender certificate of Indian Passport, Indian voter identity card (if issued by the ECI), etc. as well as usual checks and verification.

03. A foreign national is not allowed to stay without a valid visa in the country and indulge in activity other than for which visa has been issued. Violators of visa rules will be prosecuted according to the Law of land. Hence, every foreign national is advised abide by the Law of the land and instructions / guidelines endorsed on the Indian Visa and adhere the same.

Regards,

Team Support

for FRRO, Delhi

reenal

Apr 2, 2016
Hi Guys,
Refreshing the OCI Ottawa pack.
We are all waiting ..

@truthbetold – 21-JUL-2023 - completed
@samdevban - 1-AUG-2023 - completed
@sasharma25 - 16th Aug - under process
@myindia - 17-AUG-2023
@VimalSagar - 18-AUG-2023
@Shinda545 – 22-AUG-2023
@bulls23 - 23-AUG-2023
@forw.jane - 1-SEP-2023
Let’s make sure we update each other. Seems like there is no one who applied for OCI in Ottawa(Montreal) between Aug 1-16th.
Any update form anyone else?
I applied walk-in in Montreal on Aug 3. Still status under process. I’ll update mine when done.

Reactions: bulls23