+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Divank

Oct 14, 2022
Oh, not sure then if they are taking longer to dispatch from thereon. I would update if I see any updates further on my application.
Thanks for letting know,
I had update yesterday on BLS website as “counter delivery to bls centre after oci stamping”. Today it has another update as “ Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping” . Shipping label has been created and should be most probably delivered tomorrow.

Natesan

Mar 23, 2018
I had update yesterday on BLS website as “counter delivery to bls centre after oci stamping”. Today it has another update as “ Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping” . Shipping label has been created and should be most probably delivered tomorrow.
Hello Divank, how to check if the shipping label is created for the application? My OCI application is also currently with the status "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping"
I initially opted for pickup while submitting the application, but paid for delivery only couple of days back. But I did not receive any email confirmation after online payment. How can we check if the shipping label is created?
Thanks.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I think the grace period 3 months for submission of Indian passport is for no penalty. We can still surrender within 3 years with some penalty and there are other rules mentioned in Indian site.

Regarding Point 2, exiting India on Indian passport with exit stamp to travel to Dubai is legal so no issues rt ? and for Canada, since its not maintaining exit stamps or records, and only concerned about entry, it should be good rt ?

My mind thinking different ways as entry visas are suspended, so have to find other way to travel and come back to Canada on urgency. Necessity drives all these plans.
Regarding Point 2, exiting India on Indian passport with exit stamp to travel to Dubai is legal so no issues rt ? and for Canada, since its not maintaining exit stamps or records, and only concerned about entry, it should be good rt ?
No nothing is right in that... When you depart Canada/US and do not require you to go through the immigration desk, does not mean authorities are not maintaining exit records. They get that through flight manifest/check in records..

Reactions: bulls23

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
When applying for OCI, the form asks if you have any family living in India. I have an aunt and uncle living in India - do I need to list them? What about in-laws?