+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
Hi all,

I am applying for Surrender Certificate. The website says 119$ for Surrender fee + 3$ for Consular fee + 7.4$ for BLS service fee = 129.40$ total.

I am planning to walk in to submit my application. Should I take DD for the entire amount or just 119+3 $ for the Demand draft.

Thanks for your time guys.

Regards,
Sufgan
Ensure you have a VISA debit and not MasterCard or carry cash

mann.jas

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
Nomination.....
20-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2017
Med's Done....
J
I applied for OCI brampton on August 9 for family of 4. My application status started showing “processing at indian consulate” on August 10. For rest of the family members it just shows some generic response on the tracker. When can I expect everyone’s status update and AOR?
Thank you

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
I applied for OCI brampton on August 9 for family of 4. My application status started showing “processing at indian consulate” on August 10. For rest of the family members it just shows some generic response on the tracker. When can I expect everyone’s status update and AOR?
Thank you
Keep checking, no standard time. Moat of them can seebit in a week after the status changed on BLS to Processing at High commission.

I applied for my OCI on 12th August and Yesterday evening ( i track every hour anyway) it changed to Processing at high commission. Today I see her application on OCI tracker with AOR 17th August.

In my case it took a week to show up. So no standard time frame I would say. Keep checking whenever you have time. Maybe once in a 2 days.

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
Keep checking, no standard time. Moat of them can seebit in a week after the status changed on BLS to Processing at High commission.

I applied for my OCI on 12th August and Yesterday evening ( i track every hour anyway) it changed to Processing at high commission. Today I see her application on OCI tracker with AOR 17th August.

In my case it took a week to show up. So no standard time frame I would say. Keep checking whenever you have time. Maybe once in a 2 days.
I applied on August 11th at BLS Brampton and the status still shows 'Processing at Consulate General'. No record found on OCI tracker

bobcat99

Aug 17, 2022
I am applying for a tourist VISA and it says you have to send in the original Canadian passport. Concerned about sending the original in, should I be?
Travelling in mid October so don's want be running around applying for a new Canadian passport (in case lost) and VISA again.

And can I do this by walk in instead at Toronto any chance without an appointment?

Cap309

Oct 12, 2020
I am applying for a tourist VISA and it says you have to send in the original Canadian passport. Concerned about sending the original in, should I be?
Travelling in mid October so don's want be running around applying for a new Canadian passport (in case lost) and VISA again.

And can I do this by walk in instead at Toronto any chance without an appointment?
It is possible. You may take appointment at Brampton location (Aug appointment available) to save time too.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014

Just wanted to share not sure if it applies for you , have you explored Entry visa?

drajay

Oct 8, 2015
Guys I am checking the status of my OCI application and on the website its showing arrived at Toronto after stamping last week but no update after that its almost a week, how long they will take to deliver the documents ?? Anyone else stuck in the same situation ?
Hi, I'm in the same situation. On the OCI Status Enquiry, it says that my OCI was received in Ottawa on 13th Aug, but on BLS tracking it still says 'under process'. How long did it take for you to receive your OCI?
Thanks!

bobcat99

Aug 17, 2022
Just wanted to share not sure if it applies for you , have you explored Entry visa?
So you still have to mail everything in for that too right? The only difference being it is cheaper and for 6 months. I should qualify having previously held an Indian passport.

It crazy the amount the cost of pickup and drop off for 2 applications from Ajax.
$126 with Purolator. They said I have to use their provided service, can't do my own Purolator.

Last edited:

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Does anyone know that OCI processing time starts the moment you submit to BLS or it starts from Acknowledgment of Receipt in OCI website?

I submitted on 28th July at BLS walk in. And in OCI website, it says 3rd August as Acknowledgement Date.

Should I count 6-8 weeks timeline starting from 3rd August or 28th July?

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys,

I have the following scenario for which the OCI application got returned:

Canadian Passport -- Place of birth - KOVILPATTI IND

Indian Passport - Place of birth - TUTICORIN TAMILNADU

Kovilpatti is my birth town in Tuticorin district in Tamilnadu state.

Where can I get a notarized affidavit for this change of place of birth?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hi guys,

I have the following scenario for which the OCI application got returned:

Canadian Passport -- Place of birth - KOVILPATTI IND

Indian Passport - Place of birth - TUTICORIN TAMILNADU

Kovilpatti is my birth town in Tuticorin district in Tamilnadu state.

Where can I get a notarized affidavit for this change of place of birth?
After how many days you got this returned? Or they did not accept it straight away?

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
Alright, but I won't suggest anyone this practice
I am on the same boat as you.. I applied for OCI in person in BLS-Brampton. No acknowledgement as yet on OCI website. do you or anyone here know if what is average timeline for acknowledgement as yet on OCI website?