tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Hi all..
Just got update that my OCI card is ready for pick up. I applied for myself and my kids and want to know if my husband can pick up the cards for me and my kids? Is it necessary that I should also be there for pick up. Is an authorized letter enough so he can pick up.

Thanks.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Hi all..
Just got update that my OCI card is ready for pick up. I applied for myself and my kids and want to know if my husband can pick up the cards for me and my kids? Is it necessary that I should also be there for pick up. Is an authorized letter enough so he can pick up.

Thanks.
Can you kindly advise what location you applied from

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Guys I am checking the status of my OCI application and on the website its showing arrived at Toronto after stamping last week but no update after that its almost a week, how long they will take to deliver the documents ?? Anyone else stuck in the same situation ?
Check your BLS after this. Either way you should get it in 3-4 days after that status.

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
Thank you all for the updates.. he has reached out to Consulate for help.. hopefully they will sort things out for him... he sends his gratitude and thanks for all the information and wishes...

Reactions: Troy2245

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
BLS and indian embassy working is extremely fast and smooth as compared to candian counterparts. Canada needs to ramp up fast. lol

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Check your BLS after this. Either way you should get it in 3-4 days after that status.
Yeah on BLS its showing ready for dispatch after stamping, no more updates after. its been 5 working days already

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hi all..

Thanks.
Hi there did you call them of check on the BLS website, I have a same timeline and opted for a delivery and paid extra dollars for that my status showing me ready for dispatch, was arrived back in Toronto after stamping on august 2

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi all..

Thanks.
ABSOLUTELY NOT. They are very difficult about this. The lady said, they could perhaps consider making an exception for surrender certificates but not for OCI or Visa applications. Don't waste your time talking to them or trying to convince them. For minor's OCI, both parents are required in person.

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hi all,
My question is not related to OCI but really need help. My father is indian citizen and here in Canada on PR and is traveling back to india on Sept 26. His passport is expiring end of November. Do we need to renew passport or is it okay.
Airlines is Air India.
Please help if anyone knows about this or if anyone had any recent experience..
Thanks

UrbanNomad

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi all,
My question is not related to OCI but really need help. My father is indian citizen and here in Canada on PR and is traveling back to india on Sept 26. His passport is expiring end of November. Do we need to renew passport or is it okay.
Airlines is Air India.
Please help if anyone knows about this or if anyone had any recent experience..
Thanks
he is travelling back to India on a non-expired Indian passport. Not sure what issue is worrying you.... once back, he can renew his passport in India which is a pretty quick process these days.

mom22jan

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
he is travelling back to India on a non-expired Indian passport. Not sure what issue is worrying you.... once back, he can renew his passport in India which is a pretty quick process these days.
I'm worried coz I've heard that passports should have at least six months of validity when traveling internationally.
So are you saying this rule won't apply to him as he is indian citizen..

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm worried coz I've heard that passports should have at least six months of validity when traveling internationally.
So are you saying this rule won't apply to him as he is indian citizen..

He is good to go don't worry, once he reach India ask him to fill renewal passport applications and book an appointment to visit in person at Passport office...which city is he travelling to?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all..

Thanks.

Yes he can pickup passports for all of your family as he is one of the applicant. Which location of BLS is this pickup service available? I was not given this option

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all who is receiving there OCI this week. Party hard