Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Honestly I was under impression that Ottawa processes applications faster compared to other offices.
I really hope they understand lot of peeps want to visit their home country after a long time. Hope for faster processing!
@Troy2245 The honest advise I can give you here assuming you will return to Canada within 6 months is it is best to apply for Indian Entry Visa. The processing time is within 10 working days typically the visa validity should be for 1 year my friend received it last week at BLS Brampton once you apply this saves you the anxiety and stress of the uncertainty involved in this procedure for OCI until your trip to India. once you're back in Canada then that would be the best time to apply for OCI. (You do not need to send you Canadian PP for OCI processing)

Or you can just apply for OCI and apply for Entry Visa if you got the time and money to be on the safer side.

This is just an advise to save yourself from the hassle of postponing your trip and losing money in the entire procedure.

Good Luck

Reactions: Troy2245

Ab8285

Dec 22, 2021
Hello folks

Ottawa processing applicant

I am waiting for my surrender certificate. It’s been 3 weeks now, entering 4th week into the process.

Soon after that applying to OCI which BLS told me it would take 8 weeks of processing.
Considering all this, I had booked tickets on October 1st giving 3 months and 1 week of buffer since I applied to SC and then OCI.
Do you think it is enough room for me to receive back the OCI passport?
Worried now
Surrender was fast for me. Took less than a week

canadian.2014

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
@canadian.2014 Yes, you can you will need to submit a letter stating that you have not applied for Canadian PP along with the documentation.

Below is my format that was used. For info on timeline please check my signature.

To,

Consulate General of India,
365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Re: Self Declaration regarding Canadian passport submission with surrender certificate application.

I __________ declare that I have not yet applied for a Canadian passport since becoming a citizen on ________. Due to this situation, I am unable to submit the same with Surrender Certificate application for Indian Passport.

Your truly
Thanks a lot

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
@Troy2245 The honest advise I can give you here assuming you will return to Canada within 6 months is it is best to apply for Indian Entry Visa. The processing time is within 10 working days typically the visa validity should be for 1 year my friend received it last week at BLS Brampton once you apply this saves you the anxiety and stress of the uncertainty involved in this procedure for OCI until your trip to India. once you're back in Canada then that would be the best time to apply for OCI. (You do not need to send you Canadian PP for OCI processing)

Or you can just apply for OCI and apply for Entry Visa if you got the time and money to be on the safer side.

This is just an advise to save yourself from the hassle of postponing your trip and losing money in the entire procedure.

Good Luck
What happens if I have Indian visa and Oci as well when I travel to India. Since I have booked tickets on October 1, that could be one of the possibilities.

so when I go through immigration, will it be a problem that I have both visa and oci?

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
What happens if I have Indian visa and Oci as well when I travel to India. Since I have booked tickets on October 1, that could be one of the possibilities.

so when I go through immigration, will it be a problem that I have both visa and oci?
No issues. On Entry, if you present the OCI, you'll enter on OCI. if you don't have OCI by then, you can enter on your entry visa.

crips

Jan 31, 2017
Hello All, is lease agreement or CRA notice of assessment of parents considered valid address proof for applying OCI for minor child ?

Last edited:

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
How long will it take for Status to show up on BLS website? I applied a day ago at Brampton office. Also, any idea what date are they processing currently?

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi Guys, Applicant from Montreal. For Ottawa high commission, My date of acknowledgment was
Date Of Acknowledgment11-JUN-2022
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

I am wondering Why the status is not changing, anyone else on the same boat for Ottawa high commission?

Is there any reason why Ottawa office specifically is processing so slow as compare to other offices in Canada?
Hi, same here waiting for the update. Date of acknowledgement is 13 June 2022.

Reactions: aman6699

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hi, same here waiting for the update. Date of acknowledgement is 13 June 2022.
I will be applying soon for OCI from Montreal BLS.I believe I will be encountering similar issues.
If I were you, I would email high commission to inquire about it.
This is super slow compared to Toronto and Brampton bls.

Reactions: aman6699

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hello.
Is there any limitation to the number of days we can stay outside after becoming Canadian Citizen?
I am planning to get an OCI and spend few years again in India with my parents.
Will I need to frequently visit Canada?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017