Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Hello everybody! The moment is finally here. Just received my OCI card :) This has been a long journey. I am so glad to finally have my OCI card on hand. Everybody on this forum have been so friendly and helpful. I could not have done this without your support. The process to get the OCI is painfully slow for Ottawa applicants, but now it all feels like it was totally worth it :) Thank you very much once again.
Nice to hear that bro! Aaao bich bich mein yaahan pe... :) Can help the folks here!
All the best!

Reactions: canadamaple

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello All,
Just received my canadian passport and was wondering what is the best next step to get the OCI asap? There are 600 pages here but is there a page where steps are written? I am ready to go in person as well if required to get this work done.

Can someone pls throw some light on what paper work is need and where I should go? I am in Toronto if that helps
You may refer below article for more information.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php - BLS Appointment URL

https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pdf/Step-wise-process-for-OCI-application-new.pdf

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-how-to-apply.php

If you have any questions in gathering any documents just post it here and someone will be able to help you.

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Congratulation @canadamaple and @rusticdud on next status update of dispatch or receipt.
Mine status shows: "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping" since last week. I have raised a support ticket with BLS mentioning that I have already paid for return package via Purolator. Hope I get it soon. My wife already received her's last week :)
Guys, after raising the ticket this morning; I see additional notes on BLS portal with the tracking number! :)
Finally I can expect to see my OCI in few days time.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Quick question, my OCI status just updated to “Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping” can i go to BLS today (It’s 15:12MT here) or it will be available for pick up tomorrow?

Reactions: sundeep_s_

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Guys, after raising the ticket this morning; I see additional notes on BLS portal with the tracking number! :)
Finally I can expect to see my OCI in few days time.
Yay!! Congratulations!

Reactions: jj_ind

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Quick question, my OCI status just updated to “Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping” can i go to BLS today (It’s 15:12MT here) or it will be available for pick up tomorrow?
Normally you should be able to collect it. You can try calling BLS - occasionally they are helpful ;)

• Haha
Reactions: i6evx5e8 and jj_ind

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Normally you should be able to collect it. You can try calling BLS - occasionally they are helpful ;)
There is no local phone number for BLS, and Call centre agents are not always helpful.

I went there anyway, and picked up my OCI.

I noticed that the OCI booklet printing quality is substandard. The number and letters are poorly stamped and have shadow underneath. The photo quality is pretty low resolution.
The address on back page is complete but no postal code.

The OCI Booklets are printed here in Canada, Both the stamps on OCI are from Vancouver office.

Last edited:

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
There is no local phone number for BLS, and Call centre agents are not always helpful.

I went there anyway, and picked up my OCI.

I noticed that the OCI booklet printing quality is substandard. The number and letters are poorly stamped and have shadow underneath. The photo quality is pretty low resolution.
The address on back page is complete but no postal code.

The OCI Booklets are printed here in Canada, Both the stamps on OCI are from Vancouver office.
Hey Congratulations on getting your OCI. It must feel like a relief. I agree, the print quality is not the greatest. Isn't India supposed to be the IT capital of the world? I wonder what happens when it comes to consular matters. My address seems to be complete in my case, but other applicants have reported the missing postal code on the forum. Your immigration journey is finally over. The only other time you would have to deal with OCI is when you turn 50 and now with the new rules, all you need to do is update your photograph online and you would never need to use BLS hopefully again.

Reactions: Radium

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
The number and letters are poorly stamped and have shadow underneath. The photo quality is pretty low resolution.
I just checked my OCI card and I too see that the print seems to cast a bit of a shadow below it. In order to not feel disappointed by the print quality, I am going to treat this as a 3-D effect or a security feature ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Radium and delray55

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
You may refer below article for more information.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php - BLS Appointment URL

https://www.hciottawa.gov.in/pdf/Step-wise-process-for-OCI-application-new.pdf

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-how-to-apply.php

If you have any questions in gathering any documents just post it here and someone will be able to help you.
Which ever date I am selecting there is no appointment available. How do we book one or how do we know there is an open slot

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Which ever date I am selecting there is no appointment available. How do we book one or how do we know there is an open slot
Hey,
I hope you have already applied and received your Surrender Certificate while you were waiting on your Canadian Passport?

If yes, you can go for a walk in at BLS. You don't need an appt. for the walkin, but be prepared to wait in line for anywhere between 2-3 hours. Go in early to reduce this time a bit.

If no, you'll first have to apply for Surrender Certificate first. Do this, and once you receive the SC, you can apply for your OCI with it. Same with SC as well, you can do a walkin, you can wait in line.

As to all the documentation needed, please refer to the links provided by @navid2014.
You can also keep checking the BLS appts from time to time since they open up sometimes. If you have an appt. you don't have to wait in line for your turn, you can pretty much walk in during your timeslot.

canv_1234

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hey,
I hope you have already applied and received your Surrender Certificate while you were waiting on your Canadian Passport?

If yes, you can go for a walk in at BLS. You don't need an appt. for the walkin, but be prepared to wait in line for anywhere between 2-3 hours. Go in early to reduce this time a bit.

If no, you'll first have to apply for Surrender Certificate first. Do this, and once you receive the SC, you can apply for your OCI with it. Same with SC as well, you can do a walkin, you can wait in line.

As to all the documentation needed, please refer to the links provided by @navid2014.
You can also keep checking the BLS appts from time to time since they open up sometimes. If you have an appt. you don't have to wait in line for your turn, you can pretty much walk in during your timeslot.
I did not apply for SC thank you for letting me know. What is the way to apply for SC and what are the walkin locations for SC and OCI?

Also, based on your description it seems like I can just walk in for OCI and SC, is that correct?

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
Finally OCI card picked up by Purolator, Here is my timelines.

3rd June - OCI Application status - Date Of Acknowledgment
3rd June - OCI Application status - Under Process
27th-June - Documents Printing Status PROCESSED
27th-June - Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI
27th-June - Document received At TORONTO
29th-June - BLS Status: Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping
4th July - BLS Status: Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping, Also tracking number is in comment section.

Reactions: jj_ind and Radium