Med's Request
17-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
23-Mar-2015; Meds Received: 31-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Did I miss anything about MEA website. I have been checking on BLS n OCI. Is there any other website I need to check
No, just the BLS and OCIservices. There is no other status tracking.

Reactions: Swathi1990

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had appointments (under visa category) at BLS Brampton for Passport renewal of my kids.

Lady at counter convinced me to take drop off facility saying that they only allow 10 personal pickups per day. ~30$ per application.

Also for my elder kid she declined to accept photo even when t-shirt was quite darker shade of grey. So got a photo clicked there. In future we will be wearing much darker shades for photos. She gave me passport covers as well. Total charged 25$ extra for them.

Last edited:

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
Hello Friends,I have couple of questions
1) My Surrender certificate status says "Printed" From Past week and half, how long does it take for it to deliver?
2) I am planning my trip to india on May 13th 2022 (Non delay-able trip),If I apply for OCI is there any chance I get it before that? If yes has anyone gone through BLS Toronto (Not asking about brampton) walk-in recently? How was the experience and what should we consider?
3) Can I apply OCI and Visitor Visa at the same time? Can I apply Visitor visa (Entry visa) without surrender certificate?

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
When we upload our documents on OCI website, do we have to self-attest them? Like my current passport scan copy, indian origin proof, etc...
when uploading - upload all scans of original documents NOT self attested.
When printing and sending copies - self attest all documents other than the birth cert of the child. No thumb impression needed of child either.

Reactions: vivek.89

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
when uploading - upload all scans of original documents NOT self attested.
When printing and sending copies - self attest all documents other than the birth cert of the child. No thumb impression needed of child either.
That's incorrect as per CGI website.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-documents-to-be-uploaded/

• Document-Upload Section of Online OCI-Registration has 7 categories. Documents relevant to your application have to be uploaded.
  • Max file size allowed for a document file is 500kb
  • The document file should be in PDF format
  • Please scan and upload the self-attested copies

Reactions: prash42

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
My experience OCI
Went to BLS toronto 7am- 20 people standing in for walk in, highly frustrated returned home.
Around 8.30am kept trying BLS website for next week appointment- Got on slot for same day 9.50 am under visa section.
They let me in at around 9.40 BLS toronto.
Checked all documents ( already verified by consulate personal at consulate camp- signed application approved and just pending SC )
They lady checking my doc came up with new requirement and I was ready
a) My landing document
b) My wife's landing document ( I even had my son's landing document)
c) My wife's PR card ( dont know why? - I had in my phone)
d) She dint need my employment letter.
e) started to say something about my photo - I told her the consulate person approved it.
f) Told me I dint upload my marriage certificate online( It specially says its not necessary for my file type- the consulate person also dint ask me to), however she asked me to upload it once i am home.
Finally she accepted my application.......
Any one applying in person please have every possible document with you- at least carry them in your phone.
1. employment letter
2.Landing document for yourself and spouse if applicable
3.Citizenship certificate.
4.PR card copy of spouse
5.address proof
6. both passport
7.SC

After everything charged me 345 in bank draft- 101cad for courier and passport cover photocopy bla bla
Courier 60 $= 30 to send my original Indian passport cancelled + 30 for my OCI booklet when arrives.
I dint argue but one can decline the courier and save money and please dont accept the garbage bag they sell you ( passport cover).
Hope someone find this information helpful.

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
My experience OCI
Went to BLS toronto 7am- 20 people standing in for walk in, highly frustrated returned home.
Around 8.30am kept trying BLS website for next week appointment- Got on slot for same day 9.50 am under visa section.
They let me in at around 9.40 BLS toronto.
Checked all documents ( already verified by consulate personal at consulate camp- signed application approved and just pending SC )
They lady checking my doc came up with new requirement and I was ready
a) My landing document
b) My wife's landing document ( I even had my son's landing document)
c) My wife's PR card ( dont know why? - I had in my phone)
d) She dint need my employment letter.
e) started to say something about my photo - I told her the consulate person approved it.
f) Told me I dint upload my marriage certificate online( It specially says its not necessary for my file type- the consulate person also dint ask me to), however she asked me to upload it once i am home.
Finally she accepted my application.......
Any one applying in person please have every possible document with you- at least carry them in your phone.
1. employment letter
2.Landing document for yourself and spouse if applicable
3.Citizenship certificate.
4.PR card copy of spouse
5.address proof
6. both passport
7.SC

After everything charged me 345 in bank draft- 101cad for courier and passport cover photocopy bla bla
Courier 60 $= 30 to send my original Indian passport cancelled + 30 for my OCI booklet when arrives.
I dint argue but one can decline the courier and save money and please dont accept the garbage bag they sell you ( passport cover).
Hope someone find this information helpful.
Thanks for sharing,

looking at the fees.. BLS are seriously such looters... did they not give you an option for pickup? (for the cancelled passport and for OCI?) you would have saved CAD 60.00! (TTC price would be like CAD 6.50 for the two required trips - for cancelled indian passport and OCI booklet)
and the passport cover you too could have avoided too..

Reactions: dineshrehab

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hello Friends,I have couple of questions
1) My Surrender certificate status says "Printed" From Past week and half, how long does it take for it to deliver?
2) I am planning my trip to india on May 13th 2022 (Non delay-able trip),If I apply for OCI is there any chance I get it before that? If yes has anyone gone through BLS Toronto (Not asking about brampton) walk-in recently? How was the experience and what should we consider?
3) Can I apply OCI and Visitor Visa at the same time? Can I apply Visitor visa (Entry visa) without surrender certificate?
we are in the same waiting boat! alongwith @vivek.89 @Hot2Cold .

For 3, you have the option to apply visa ALONGWITH the surrender application itself! so you can still go ahead and apply if you would like to have it (without the surrender certificate) and not wait for OCI. If I was in your shoes with an upcoming trip - I'd do that instead of waiting to apply alongwith OCI.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Thanks for sharing,

looking at the fees.. BLS are seriously such looters... did they not give you an option for pickup? (for the cancelled passport and for OCI?) you would have saved CAD 60.00! (TTC price would be like CAD 6.50 for the two required trips - for cancelled indian passport and OCI booklet)
and the passport cover you too could have avoided too..
I know but after personal experience I thought its ok to opt for courier but never expected they would collect any of our originals. Honestly was tired of these process and wanted to get over it. Still o_O

watson info

Mar 25, 2022
My Clints
OCI

Submission walk-in Calgary BLS (with appointment )9march
Received at Vancouver on---------- march 11
Today status on BLS web tracker --under process

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
I went last week at Brampton BLS to deposit OCI for my son and the staff who took the application mentioned that it is now taking 3 months to process OCI.
What a joke !, c'est ridicule ! They asked my whether I am paying by debit or Cash. I never knew that they accept cash as well. So, I paid cash and he gave me a reciept mentioning paid by debit card and also had a debit card fees.
Vraiment! c'est malade. Can I ask if you're residing in Quebec? If so, was the Brampton BLS ok with accepting an out of jurisidiction OCI application?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Hello friends. I have couple of booked appointments for Vancouver BLS scheduled for 6th & 7th April (both before 9 am). I won't be needing them and would be cancelling them. Please DM me if anyone wants to try picking up one of the appointments the moment I cancel it. This exercise will be experimental ofcourse, and assuming that BLS actually operates strictly on fixed quantity of appointment slots per day and not programmatically deleting empty slots.

This is for OCI only. Do not DM me for Surrender please! For SC please go walkin to Vancouver - you will be in and out within 45 mins if you go little before 8. Thanks.
Well, this worked like a charm. Worked with @vvarma to catch this appointment as soon as he dropped it. Thanks. Much appreciated!