+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone actually successfully get through to the Toronto BLS location via phone? (4163072237?)
It's been busy all day and I find that extremely hard to believe.
Today I called them and after 40 attempts, call got connected to their customer service and after being on hold for few mins someone answered, and I was asking my question, but no answer from other side and with in seconds he disconnected the call :(

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Yes both parents need to sign minor and common documents like marriage certificate
I am asking about the OCI checklist. When we send the docs thru post we will include the checklist as well right. So that checklist do we need to sign? In every page of the checklist there is a signature line at the bottom left.

newbei

Dec 17, 2020
I am asking about the OCI checklist. When we send the docs thru post we will include the checklist as well right. So that checklist do we need to sign? In every page of the checklist there is a signature line at the bottom left.
only one parent need to sign the checklist pages.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Today I called them and after 40 attempts, call got connected to their customer service and after being on hold for few mins someone answered, and I was asking my question, but no answer from other side and with in seconds he disconnected the call :(
So frustrating! I don’t know why they’re so inefficient.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
I submitted my application on Friday 01/15/2021 to Toronto Jurisdiction. My answers are below assuming you both have PR. You can also call BLS. If the tone is busy, keep calling until it connects as it does sometimes after 50 tries.

In addition to above, you will need a left thumb print of baby on page 3 of the application form printout as part of declaration under "signature of applicant". Below that where requested, both parents have to sign.
Have you received your originals?

Do you or anyone know when can we expect the originals?

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
I must've called the BLS 5-6 times for various questions and no one mentioned about including the checklist in the application. I did not include the checklist in my application package.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Just noticed on Demand Draft bank wrote "Consulate General of India - Vancouver"
Supposed to be "The Consulate General of India - Vancouver " missing THE.
Is that works or I have to wait until CGI Vancouver’s response?
Anyone else have similar issues?
Thanks

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Can you please let me know what fees you paid for OCI and Surrender and how many bank drafts you included? I'm trying to call BLS, but surprise surprise, they are not answering any calls.
I did surrender already. Now I applied OCI . 2 drafts one for bls and 1 for consulate. without calling you can not send. coz they take courier charges online
If you have 2 applications you can merge 2 fees.

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys

I am going to apply OCI for minor daughter in ToSomeone please help me with my doubts

1 .Do i need to sign the documents that i am going to upload?

2. Do i have to get two DD one for a consulate $ 425 and another one for BLS $7.40

3. How can i book pickup for courier, do i have to call BLS or I can call purolator ?

Thank you in advance

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I am going to apply OCI for minor daughter in ToSomeone please help me with my doubts

2. Do i have to get two DD one for a consulate $ 425 and another one for BLS $7.40

3. How can i book pickup for courier, do i have to call BLS or I can call purolator ?

Thank you in advance
1. No. Only on hard copies.

2. Yes. One for Consulate and one for BLS. The amount varies with jurisdiction.

3. You have to call BLS or you can setup yourself through BLS website.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi Guys

Thank you in advance
1) Yes, uploaded documents have to be self-attested. The checklist says so.

2) Yes, two demand drafts.

3) Call BLS. The best hours to reach them are between 8-9 EST. Keep trying until you get through. It took me around 39 attempts before someone picked up. Have your credit card ready and a computer near you. They will send you links to pay for a courier to and fro.
good luck!

Reactions: Island_man