+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey guys, I was wondering should I carry my wife’s original passport as well or only the photocopy attested by me is fine ?

noqluu

Oct 17, 2023
Occupation - Private Service
Address Proof - Just mention the exact words mentioned in the DL
Draft - either one is fine I know website says a slightly different format. I went with Consulate General of India, Toronto
“This is a true copy of the original” Sign and Date?
Do I upload self-attested copy to OCI application, and also bring the same to BLS center? Please let me know

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Nop you do not need to
Thanks Abbas - I have booked for in person appointment - So u just carry originals, provide a photocopy of the same and then I believe they return back originals...

For OCI, do they do any stamping on Canadian passport or do they just provide OCI booklet?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks Abbas - I have booked for in person appointment - So u just carry originals, provide a photocopy of the same and then I believe they return back originals...

For OCI, do they do any stamping on Canadian passport or do they just provide OCI booklet?
No they don’t make any endorsements on the Canadian passport
They will return the originals after verification at the counter

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
as a side note, while many stalwart members are v.sweetly being v.helpful, i feel lately this forum has been turning into a "HEY SIRI" inquiry system! basic, very straight forward items are being asked - even those that have clear guidance on BLS website, or those that are already answered here ad nauseum! thoda search bhee kar lein log.

just an observation, my POV.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
as a side note, while many stalwart members are v.sweetly being v.helpful, i feel lately this forum has been turning into a "HEY SIRI" inquiry system! basic, very straight forward items are being asked - even those that have clear guidance on BLS website, or those that are already answered here ad nauseum! thoda search bhee kar lein log.

just an observation, my POV.
Agreed. There's always a fine line between goodwill and being lazy and entitled. In fact, on YouTube, there are literal page-by-page instruction video tutorials where the OCI process is discussed and mock filled up. It's in Hindi variants too. A simple search of 'OCI tips' on YouTube gives a very thorough fundamental.

And if you flip through ten-twenty pages on this thread, most questions will be answered.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

casualgamer15

Jan 3, 2024
Hi Everyone, Need a bit help in understanding the OCI Process. Recently I became the Canadian Citizen. I surrendered my Indian passport and I have got the surrender certificate. For the OCI, I wanted to understand what documents would be required for a divorced person. I got married in India but got divorced in Canada. I was reading somewhere that I need to get the Divorce certificate notarized, get it attested from ministry of ontario and consulate general of india. Is this correct? Any other document required?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone, Need a bit help in understanding the OCI Process. Recently I became the Canadian Citizen. I surrendered my Indian passport and I have got the surrender certificate. For the OCI, I wanted to understand what documents would be required for a divorced person. I got married in India but got divorced in Canada. I was reading somewhere that I need to get the Divorce certificate notarized, get it attested from ministry of ontario and consulate general of india. Is this correct? Any other document required?
no other doc required.. you are correct.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hey guys.. I’ve an upcoming appointment at bls brampton this Thursday.
After following many posts, I’ve come to to conclusion of uploading 5 docs original without attestation:
1) Canadian pass 2)employment letter 3)Indian passport/surrender certi 4)marriage certi. 5)spouse passport.

please confirm if I’m not missing any doc to upload.
Further, I was hoping to pay by debit at appointment for the whole amount, but one of my friends told me the consulate fee has to be on demand draft rest you can pay by debit.
is that true?
That is true. Consulate fee goes straight to the Indian consulate and BLS has no links with it. And for the documents, you got it all listed correctly.

Reactions: Ckay128

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
OCI WALK-IN: MARCH 29, 2024 (BRAMPTON, ON)
DOA: APRIL 11, 2024
PRINTED/PROCESSED: MAY 3, 2024
DISPATCHED FROM DELHI: MAY 6, 2024

No update after that. Has anyone with similar timeline received any update?
Mine was the same. Got the Oci yesterday.

Reactions: forw.jane