+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

imspabhcan

Apr 6, 2019
Anyone else from Nov 2 still hasn't got any movement?
Just one update - eligibility Met. That too back in Dec 2018. Criminality and Security yet to start. @SithLord @pizzaboy99 and other seniors in the group - one question does having a gift deed as POF slow your app down? I remember seeing this is another group where a gentleman ordered GCMS notes and he got a review required on his POF as a reply - for having a gift deed! Could it be the reason for a delay? AOR - Nov 2

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Been a silent reader of this forum for a while now. I just wanted @SithLord and everyone else in the same boat to know you're not the only ones left in the dark. Below is my timeline:

Nationality - Nigerian (Single Applicant)
AOR - Nov 2, 2018
IP2 - Since the beginning i.e Nov 2
Biometrics Request - Nov 30
MEP - Dec 3
Biometrics Updated - Dec 6

And since then, Complete Silence till date. Raised a CSE March 7th and received automated message, basically repeating what i have on my online profile in different words. The only info gathered was that my file is at CPC Ottawa following initial assessment at CIO Sydney.

This forum has been the only thing keeping me sane both the negative rants (esp. @SithLord ;) which, sometimes express exactly how i feel) and the positive news and encouragement that lifts my spirit and keeps me going. I pray we all get our PPRs in good timing and see our Canadian dreams fulfilled.
Your case is exactly similar to mine. Complete silence here too since Dec 4.

I read a theory in September thread which am sure I must have mentioned here too, there maybe some some discrimination towards Single applicants. The more dependents means the more taxpayers. Not really sure how true this is but anyways hope next week sheds some light to our cases

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Your case is exactly similar to mine. Complete silence here too since Dec 4.

I read a theory in September thread which am sure I must have mentioned here too, there maybe some some discrimination towards Single applicants. The more dependents means the more taxpayers. Not really sure how true this is but anyways hope next week sheds some light to our cases
Not really true. Single people pay more tax because they don't qualify for most of the benefits.

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Just one update - eligibility Met. That too back in Dec 2018. Criminality and Security yet to start. @SithLord @pizzaboy99 and other seniors in the group - one question does having a gift deed as POF slow your app down? I remember seeing this is another group where a gentleman ordered GCMS notes and he got a review required on his POF as a reply - for having a gift deed! Could it be the reason for a delay? AOR - Nov 2
Nice to know that you have met eligibility. That's the biggest hurdle.

I don't think gift deed slows down the process. I have known a few people who got their PR with gift deed. Even I took a gift deed and as per my GCMS notes, its not been flagged yet but its only been reviewed by Program Assistant so far.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Not really true. Single people pay more tax because they don't qualify for most of the benefits.
I see!! Not really sure how they go about with these cases. I have noticed dependents to be getting it faster than single applicants. Although it looks random but they must certainly have some preference, maybe it has something to do with noc?

Oh well, lets see. Next week brings more good news :)

kunal_agarwal

Nov 5, 2018
guys i just spoke to a commercial photographer for copr photos...
he asked me whether glossy or mat finished photos are required..???
i didn't know...i showed him the specification received in ppr email...after reading he said it is glossy only...
i just wanted to double check...any body knows whats needed...???

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Review required does not necessary mean delayed application. Review required is just to alert the visa officer of anything in the application he needs to review. Depending on what action the visa officer takes (e.g. sends ADR, does workplace verification etc), application may get delayed.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
guys i just spoke to a commercial photographer for copr photos...
he asked me whether glossy or mat finished photos are required..???
i didn't know...i showed him the specification received in ppr email...after reading he said it is glossy only...
i just wanted to double check...any body knows whats needed...???
Both are fine