+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi Guys, I asked this question a few days ago, does anyone have any feedback on this?

I am November 8 AOR, living in the US for the past 9 years. I called CIC last Friday and the rep told me that everything looks “Good”. I asked him as to why I still haven’t received a request to submit Bio-metrics and he said that we don’t need it from everyone.
Could anyone else share their experience? I am from Pakistan so I thought I still needed to give Bio-metrics even though its been close to 7 years since I have been back.

Any responses would be appreciated
Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe if you are living in US, I don't think you need bio-metrics.

bio metrics will be requested based on your country of residence and not passport

Reactions: zi2010

xycan

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Thanks for the advise.

Yes, I was stressed out a week ago!!! But now I seem to have eased out a bit. I just looked back at how I had struggled to get my ITA, I was literally in hell trying to improve my score. Quite a few people here know my journey. So compared to that, this waiting is nothing!! Atleast I am guaranteed to land in Canada whereas before I had no clue whether I would ever be invited!!

So I prefer this anyday!!
No one is easy. My problem is my age. Though I have PhD and L:8, R:9, W:7, S:7.5 of IELTS (You know it's not easy for Chinese with non-English college major, so you can imagine what I had been through), plus I have 0 CRS mark on age (therefore I go through PNP, and you can see the range of my age) . we have 1 newborn and 1 3-yrs daughters, you know how to change diaper each day for the younger one and teach the older one some Chinese characters? I just wanna make my daughters to stay in Canada, breathing fresh air of democracy. That's all my belief.

Let's try to encourage each other, not to complain for nothing. We are all hero.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
No one is easy. My problem is my age. Though I have PhD and L:8, R:9, W:7, S:7.5 of IELTS (You know it's not easy for Chinese with non-English college major, so you can imagine what I had been through), plus I have 0 CRS mark on age (therefore I go through PNP, and you can see the range of my age) . we have 1 newborn and 1 3-yrs daughters, you know how to change diaper each day for the younger one and teach the older one some Chinese characters? I just wanna make my daughters to stay in Canada, breathing fresh air of democracy. That's all my belief.

Let's try to encourage each other, not to complain for nothing. We are all hero.
Ni hao!! Did not know you were Chinese!!

Yes should support each other!!

Btw nice IELTS score. How many attempts did it take for you to clear it? I got the exact same score and it took me 3 attempts :D

xycan

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Ni hao!! Did not know you were Chinese!!

Yes should support each other!!

Btw nice IELTS score. How many attempts did it take for you to clear it? I got the exact same score and it took me 3 attempts :D
Sorry, my IELTS should be L8R9W7S7 (my first ielts Speaking is 7.5), a bit lower than yours. I did IELTS twice. The first time I made a huge mistake on writing, only 5.5. I was in a rush and did not read the question carefully, and went to the other side. The 2nd time was really lucky, I seldom get 9 in Reading. PNP does not require 8777 scores, 6666 will pass the baseline to get provincial nomination. However I had to achieve as high as I can, given age is nearly 0 mark (my case if 6666 will fail).

Btw nice Chinese.

xycan

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
FSW-O AOR 11/19, MEP 12/22 still IP1 (yikes)

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • You passed the medical exam.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
+1 AOR 11/26, IP1
Anyone can estimate when will get into IP2?

harsh cheema

Dec 13, 2018
Hi guys, I am from India
My AOR is 11 nov, CEC inland,
MEP Dec 14
IP2 since 16 Jan
Anyone have idea how much time after ip2, or whats average ppr time for CEC
Because its already more than 1 month in ip2
Thanks

shawn18

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hyderabad, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-Nov-2018
AOR Received.
29-Nov-2018
IELTS Request
Nov-2018
Med's Done....
29-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
06-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-Jun-2019
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2019
AOR: 29th Nov 2018

I called CIC today. Had to wait for 25 mins in queue.

The agent was polite. He asked me few basic questions to very my identity and also asked me my contact details like phone no., email, address to update in the system.

He said Eligibility, Security and Background check are not started.

Visa Office is CPC-Ottawa. Nothing to worry as application is still within 6 months processing time.

I was actually planning to order GCMS notes in next week as it'll be 3 months from AOR. Now after the call would it be of any help to apply it next week or shall I give it more time?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sorry, my IELTS should be L8R9W7S7 (my first ielts Speaking is 7.5), a bit lower than yours. I did IELTS twice. The first time I made a huge mistake on writing, only 5.5. I was in a rush and did not read the question carefully, and went to the other side. The 2nd time was really lucky, I seldom get 9 in Reading. PNP does not require 8777 scores, 6666 will pass the baseline to get provincial nomination. However I had to achieve as high as I can, given age is nearly 0 mark (my case if 6666 will fail).

Btw nice Chinese.
I did not do well in my first IELTS writing as well!! Scored 5.5 and second 6.5

Third got pretty lucky!! Still no clue how I got 7 despite not completing task 1 lol

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
FSW-O AOR 11/19, MEP 12/22 still IP1 (yikes)

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • You passed the medical exam.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Many are still in IP1

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

The agent was polite. He asked me few basic questions to very my identity and also asked me my contact details like phone no., email, address to update in the system.

Visa Office is CPC-Ottawa. Nothing to worry as application is still within 6 months processing time.

I was actually planning to order GCMS notes in next week as it'll be 3 months from AOR. Now after the call would it be of any help to apply it next week or shall I give it more time?
You are still under 90 days. Wait for 100 days then order GCMS!!

Yes, it is very normal for nothing to start yet.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

You can wait for sometime if you want, but eventually you have to order notes to see if your eligibility hasn't started or if it is review required?