November 2018 AOR - Join here

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
And what makes u say that?
When I call agent says security still in progress...... No hope now......
Priya -
i have seen instances recently where the call center agent informed file under review / security not started and the candidates recieving ppr in the next couple of days (previous months forum)..

So i would say do not loose hope or worry about the accuracy of the information provided..

Gcms / Enquiry from MP office to ircc - is generally considered close to status accuracy - the former the closest

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
My friend's application (US) was entirely processed at the CIO from the beginning to PPR.
i agree to this

There were times when it gets transferred at the latter stage to a secondary office or LVO (Local Visa Office) - but recent trends shows where CIO Sydney completes the whole processing from ITA to PPR

So do not worry

Reactions: koushik.maximus

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
Dear ashokacca

There has been a lot of discrepancies between the information provided by cic call center agents and the actual update - so i would say do not panic on what they said about eligibility or background checks..

While waiting for the gcms notes - i would highly suggest to write to MP's office Mr.Goodale - goodale@sasktel.net requesting the current status update of your profile..

Does not matter if you are not in canada - you could still write to the email requesting current status update - just provide your Aor, date of birth, application number, uci id and they will give you an update..

Just make sure you DO NOT proactively mention you are not in canada or is in a different country..

Keep us posted
Guys, please guide me about this Mr. Ralph Goodale, MP... i see that he is a minister... i never heard about this ...

Is it common now for PR applicants to contact his office? What kind of response we can expect? I am totally in the dark about this option

Reactions: Classicdude

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Last week I got an RPRF request from CIC and I paid and upload receipt same day. Today I got a request to do medicals again because the old one has expired. My application has already passed 8 months and that's why medicals expired. CIC can be very unpredictable at times.
But its good news - shows that they are working on your file - getting closer to ppr
So rejoice and soon :)

Reactions: Oksamjackson

Classicdude

Jun 6, 2019
Guys, please guide me about this Mr. Ralph Goodale, MP... i see that he is a minister... i never heard about this ...

Is it common now for PR applicants to contact his office? What kind of response we can expect? I am totally in the dark about this option
I contacted him ... His office responded in 2 hours with right information... include file number, aor date and date of birth

Reactions: ashokacca

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Guys, I have a question...
I read in a different forum that the CIC can request medicals to be re-done once it's 3 months or less from its expiration date. How true is that? I know a lot of you have been requested to re-do it, so I was wondering what the timelines were. Cause as far as I know, given our AORs, we should all be close to reaching that point, and 3 months prior to expiration seems like a bit of an exaggeration to me.

I'm exactly at that point today (3 months till my medicals expire), and there's still no sign of movement in my application. I'm super worried they'll end up asking me to re-do it and then there goes another 1,000 dollars nearly (it's me plus my fiancé, the first time we spent U$ 800).

Also, I've read that some people get it extended. Does the officer just decide to extend it or do you have to request it somehow?

Thanks in advance!!!