+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

ruchikathakur16

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Hector

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.cic.gc.ca

This is reply I got after raising request for status on cic site

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

Hector

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada www.cic.gc.ca

This is reply I got after raising request for status on cic site
I got the same. It's one of the standard ones they use, but I don't know why sometimes they send that and sometimes the other...

Reactions: ruchikathakur16

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I got the same. It's one of the standard ones they use, but I don't know why sometimes they send that and sometimes the other...
Yeah sometimes they use a different one... I received the following from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca 6 days after the agent on the phone sent a reminder:

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,
Megan

I think there must be a reason why sometimes they use what I received and sometimes they use what you guys received. The "additional verifications" one sounds more like something such as SS or RR might be going on, whereas the other one sounds like it's just waiting for a final approval or something like that. But then again who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong and they don't even mean anything different o_O

I ordered GCMS notes yesterday again. I really hope I get PR before getting the notes though :confused:

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Yeah sometimes they use a different one... I received the following from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca 6 days after the agent on the phone sent a reminder:

Good day,

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,
Megan

I think there must be a reason why sometimes they use what I received and sometimes they use what you guys received. The "additional verifications" one sounds more like something such as SS or RR might be going on, whereas the other one sounds like it's just waiting for a final approval or something like that. But then again who knows, maybe I'm totally wrong and they don't even mean anything different o_O

I ordered GCMS notes yesterday again. I really hope I get PR before getting the notes though :confused:
Any views on what can be made out of below response I received last week:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed

@zafontana

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018

Good day,

Regards,
Megan

I don't know, I called two days before the email and eligibility was recommended pass, so that's not RR. Maybe my security has not started at all and yours is done and just needs the final stamp?

Reactions: bc92

zafontana

Star Member
Apr 22, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed

@zafontana
I got one like that back in May! Is there a trend developing here?

Reactions: bc92

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018

@zafontana
I received this response back in May too, when I sent a webform once my 6 months were completed!!! For some reason I had in my head that this kind of response was given to webforms, whereas the other ones we mentioned earlier were from notifications sent by the officer on the phone... but don't take my word for it cause I really have no idea about how they do this. Was this response to a webform or to a notification sent by an agent on the phone??

Last edited:
Reactions: zafontana

bc92

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
I don't know, I called two days before the email and eligibility was recommended pass, so that's not RR. Maybe my security has not started at all and yours is done and just needs the final stamp?
Yeah yours can't be RR then... I don't think it has to do with security starting or not because until last time I called and the officer sent the reminder, my security hadn't started either. Sounds like our cases have pretty much the same status, so my theory about the different answers received after the notification was sent to the officers doesn't work :confused:

Reactions: zafontana