+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

arultm

Sep 23, 2014
I am Jan 14 applicant and I received 'intend to refuse' mail today from nominee officer with request for additional info. And I am asked to respond before June 22nd.
I am working in US now in non immigrant visa.
Requested info.:
1.Direct email address of current organization's HR Representative (who signed experience letter).
2. Why Nova Scotia?
3. Whether US immigration process is going on? If so, status of it? If not, why I am not pursuing for US immigration visa as I am here for few years.
Etc.,

clintroy2

Mar 15, 2015
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2015
Doc's Request.
09-06-2015
Nomination.....
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
arultm said:
I am Jan 14 applicant and I received 'intend to refuse' mail today from nominee officer with request for additional info. And I am asked to respond before June 22nd.
Requested info.:
1.Direct email address of current organization's HR Representative (who signed experience letter).
2. Why Nova Scotia?
3. Whether US immigration process is going on? If so, status of it? If not, why I am not pursuing for US immigration visa as I am here for few years.
Etc.,
as i wait for some form of reply form NS after my AOR i can only say that due to the thorough nature of the assessment the would want to know why not stay in the States since you have been there some time now etc. and the fact that they are asking for employers contact information would suggest they are doing good background checks. hope your information is in the favor or an acceptance and you do get through

prempaulj

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Earth
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Drajpoot,
Finally received my AOR on 29th May..God has done several wonders in our life.
Sorry, I was not in a situation to update you all..

Regards,
Paul

Mandal342

Jan 12, 2015
India, Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arultm said:
Requested info.:
2. Why Nova Scotia?
Etc.,
Hello, Which date you got your AOR?

budenggao

Nov 5, 2014
Re: refused by NSOI

sesytrice said:
what documents are they requesting for???
I will suggest you take time to write a comprehensive settlement plan. if you have link in NS, get them to reference your application. If you have contacted your professional body in NS, include there response in your additional document.

Please write a good and comprehensive settlement plan. That will be the magic!
thanks a lot sesytrice!!
is settlement plan so important and useful for me since i was intended to refused? I wrote my residence intention when submitting my package this Jan, encluding the content of food, environment, education, etc.. in NS. I am afraid another settlement plan would not change my result if I have friend in other province...
Have you seen same example before? being refused but changed by settlement plan?
PS. I am new bie with sending message limitation. I cannot send more message in this topic. Is it possible for you to send me the information by email crazyfelica@outlook.com ?

budenggao

Nov 5, 2014

tan_sur69 said:
I see your case, the reason for the refusal is your mention of ex-colleague in BC, they would have thought he would help in getting a job in other province and you move out. I am not sure of your NOC, if BC has more open positions for your occupation then it will be easier for you to move out.
SINCE YOU HAVE A REFERRAL/MENTOR.

Mentioning friend/relative in another province in your file is a huge drawback...

Did they mention anytime in the letter to respond, say you have 10 days to respond before your case is closed ?

Now the solution:
-----------------
Provide that you have links with community service in NS.
Your association with NS (climate,food and companies)
any job you applied in the meantime...at NS.
Better funds/More funds.
Easy to settle (if unmarried)...
tan_sur69 ,
thanks a lot!!
my question:
1. community service, is this about what I can see from NS government website providing help or service for new immigrants? e.g. finding a house, apply schools, ... any other options?
2. will it be useful I write a good & comprehensive settlement plan? (given I was refused and I already provided my residence intention, this time I want to find some professional person help me with the settlement plan and could be pricy)
thank you again...

Lalit_Nba

Dec 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

i am new member to the forum. could any one tell me about the chances to get nomination. They have received my application on 20/02/15 and my noc is 1111.

lystation

May 4, 2015
BEIJING-CHINA
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prempaulj said:
Hello Drajpoot,

Regards,
Paul
congrats Paul and could you please tell us when did NS received
your application ?

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
prempaulj said:
Hello Drajpoot,

Regards,
Paul
congratulation

sesytrice

Nov 27, 2014

budenggao said:
thanks a lot sesytrice!!
is settlement plan so important and useful for me since i was intended to refused? I wrote my residence intention when submitting my package this Jan, encluding the content of food, environment, education, etc.. in NS. I am afraid another settlement plan would not change my result if I have friend in other province...
Have you seen same example before? being refused but changed by settlement plan?
PS. I am new bie with sending message limitation. I cannot send more message in this topic. Is it possible for you to send me the information by email crazyfelica @ outlook.com ?
My advice is you get the additional document requested.

Since they have doubted your intention to settle in the province, you will have to write a detailed settlement plan convincing them about your intention to stay in the province.

all you have to also provide the other document requested on you property, proof of fund etc.

you must also re write your job description. in your job description letter, state the number of hours you work per week, FT, ur job responsibilities must tally with your NOC.

chitra84

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16/07/2015
What kind of issues should be included as settlement plan?
I mentioned about me and my husband's job prospect in NS and sufficient money which we could bring in settlement plan.
Whoever got nomination,please tell me a guideline.

budenggao

Nov 5, 2014

tan_sur69 said:
I see your case, the reason for the refusal is your mention of ex-colleague in BC, they would have thought he would help in getting a job in other province and you move out. I am not sure of your NOC, if BC has more open positions for your occupation then it will be easier for you to move out.
SINCE YOU HAVE A REFERRAL/MENTOR.

Mentioning friend/relative in another province in your file is a huge drawback...

Did they mention anytime in the letter to respond, say you have 10 days to respond before your case is closed ?

Now the solution:
-----------------
Provide that you have links with community service in NS.
Your association with NS (climate,food and companies)
any job you applied in the meantime...at NS.
Better funds/More funds.
Easy to settle (if unmarried)...
Hi tan_surf69, thank you very much for your advice. can you add me to the discussion group so that i will get involved with steps of your guys? my number is +86 186 2269 1750

arultm

Sep 23, 2014
Hi

Do anyone have idea about what are the questions that are asked by NS nominee officers to current employers for any clarification regarding employment or background verification?