+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notification of receipt of PR application

markhalden

Jan 8, 2008
I sent my In Canada (family class) PR application via Canada Post express post ( a mistake) and they were unable to track it beyond the post office from which it was sent. Immigration call centre say they won't be able to give an answer for 5-6 months, at the time of approval in principle.

Should the package have been delivered, will I receive notification of receipt from Vegreville, or will I have to wait 5 or 6 months for approval in principle (or not)?

For the In Canada class application, does the sponsorship application really take as long as the approval in principle?

kessa

Star Member
Nov 10, 2008
i thought express post is good so i don't know what you mean by mistake. When I sent mine it took 6 months for them to acknowledge it via e-cas.Try this link:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
No, you won't receive confirmation of receipt of your application package from CPC-Vegreville, but you might be able to use a client ID# (if you or your spouse have one) or the receipt number from your PR fees payment to access the eCAS online tracking system to get confirmation that your application is logged into their computers. The first official word you'll get from CPC-V is confirmation of Approval in Principle, which happens 5-6 months after they receive the ap and they've assessed first stage approval. I don't know though, for sure, how long it takes before an inland ap shows up in eCAS.